Vegetarian moving to WW from SW

Sophs

SW Angels founder member
Hi :)

I'm seriously thinking of changing over to WW. I've been on SW plan for 2 years and have an amazing 4 stone which is great and I am chuffed to bits but since Christmas I've not really lost anything, this is my fault the plan does work but I have lost all momentum with it. :break_diet:

I've 2 stone left so I thought I would give WW a go and see if I can regain that urge to lose the last bit of weight.

I am going to join one of my local groups on Friday :)

My only concern is that I am a vegetarian and not sure about what choice there is compared to SW.

Also any tips and advice would be much appreciated :D

Hi Sophs, :)

I used to do SW and once lost 2 stone and felt great, but it all crept back on and I couldn't get going on it again...despite at least 3 failed restarts :cry:.

I think a change of plan is a great plan and I am now enjoying WW's lots. Its interesting (cos its new and I need to think before I eat anything) and I think the portion control thing is good for me anyway as I could eat so much free foods on SW that I must have been loading in the calories.

I don't see why being a veggie would be difficult on WW- you have to point everything anyway and nothing is banned.

I joined a local group to get all the info and am really enjoying it!

Hope it goes well for you. x

I can't see why being a vegetarian would be a problem - as long as you stay within your points allowance you can eat anything you fancy. A lot of the filling foods on WW are free foods on SW too, only you have more portion control on WW because you point everything bar most vegetables and a few other things.

What sort of things do you like to eat, maybe we could give you an idea of the sort of points values you would be looking at?

Good luck on your change to ww, I'm sure it will give you the kick start you are looking for.

There are no limitations to what you can eat on ww just on the portion sizes. As long as you stay within your daily points no foods are off limits. Being a vegetarian will be no problem and will probably be easier than being a veggie on sw cos there will be more foods open to you.

I'm vegetarian and doing just fine on the plan!
You just have to point everything and stay within your limit, nothing is banned!

Thanks for your replies ladies, just ordered a few weight watchers things for this weeks shop! :D

Really looking forward to joining tomorrow evening now :)

I actually find it easier on ww than sw to be honest. I love tesco own veggie foods. They do gorge leek and cheese 'sausages', 4.5 points for 2. And yummy mushroom 'burgers' - 2.5 points each. They are really big. Quorn products are extremely low in points, I particularly like the peppered steaks, they are 1.5 points and really substantial.

So I think you should be just fine xxx

I actually find it easier on ww than sw to be honest. I love tesco own veggie foods. They do gorge leek and cheese 'sausages', 4.5 points for 2. And yummy mushroom 'burgers' - 2.5 points each. They are really big. Quorn products are extremely low in points, I particularly like the peppered steaks, they are 1.5 points and really substantial.

So I think you should be just fine xxx

I ordered the peppered steaks :p
I love Tescos meat free burgers, will have to work those out. :)
It's looking like I am going to have a lot more choice than I am used to.

I'm not doing WW (just calorie-counting) but am a vegetarian and, like others have said, I can't see why it would be difficult :)

Unfortunately quite a lot of WW products aren't vegetarian though, so bear that in mind when you're shopping. A lot of the desserts aren't vegetarian, although a couple of the frozen ones are, and the yoghurts aren't vegetarian either (but the fromage frais are and they're lovely), etc. Obviously you're not limited to WW products at all, but just thought I'd let you know about those in case you didn't know already :)

Althought I am not vegetarian I do eat alot of meat free/quorn products and they are quite low on WW points :)

Back