Vegetarian Recipes?

Hi!

I am having a little dinner party next week, and struggling to think of what to cook. One of my friends is vegetarian and I'd rather not cook a seperate meat and veg dish if possible. I am sure there is something cheesy I could do, but so far all the recipes I have looked at contain pasta or rice as a main ingredient so wouldn't really work (I am planning to serve something carby as a side but just not have any myself)

So, does anyone have any Atkins-friendly vegetarian main dish recipes? Although I am still in induction, I don't mind if it's suitable for the other phases as I can eat something before people arrive and then just have a small portion. I just don't want to be eating pasta / rice / bread etc!

Any suggestions very much welcome!

Thanks x

What about a zucchini and cheese and herb bake? Like a cheese souffle.

Or the celeriac dauphinoise is lovely - recipe on the Just Recipes (somewhere, if you can't find it let me know, I have it written down) - or celeriac chips - here's some recipes MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum - View Single Post - Just Recipes!

Or paneer with peppers - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum - View Single Post - Just Recipes!

Or baked goats cheese, on a bed of watercress, spinach and rocket, and lemon/lemon oil drizzled over it

Or cabbage gratin - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum - View Single Post - Just Recipes!

Or all of the above :)

Thanks for all the ideas, I will be definitely trying some of them out at some point. The websites look so good, lots of interesting ideas!

Ladyfelsham, do you have the recipe for the zuccini herb bake (or is it posted anywhere)? Sounds very yummy!

Hi Emm I don't have a recipe, I would just long slice some zucchini and fry so each side is brown, then make up an omelette mix with cream so it's lovely and rich, add some herbs de provence, put the zucchini in the bottom of a dish, pour the egg mixture on top and bake for 20-30 mins.

I am making this up here and now so am happy for the recipe to be improved :D

Back