VeggieBev’s New 2014 Diary – The Final Countdown to Target....

Hey hun, how was weigh day? x

Hi Bev, I actually decided to make my weigh day a Friday instead of a Thursday which will mean if I go off the rails at the weekend (which seems to be the case at the moment!) then I've got 4 days before WI to make up for it x

Happy Valentine's Day everyone :)

I started my new WI day this morning and the scales read 10st 8lb which is a gain of 1.5lb since Tuesday but I'm not surprised as I've been extremely naughty. I think, since I was changing my WI day, I kind of felt like the past three days have been 'free' days to do what I want before getting my head down and on with things.

Anyway my plan today is to keep syns low throughout the day as Colin is cooking me a lovely meal tonight for Valentines. I've convinced him to keep things simple for main course and he's going to do Devil Pasta which is just really pasta with a spicy tomato sauce. He's also attempting a chocolate cake for afters which is what I'm keeping my syns for. Thankfully I've seen both recipes so I've estimated the chocolate cake to be a whopping 26 syns for an eighth of the cake so I'll definitely have some making up to do after today!! The good thing is that the pasta is only 1 syn (for the sugar) and 1 HEB for olive oil. We're planning to watch a film afterwards so I've got a feeling he'll bring some 'treats' for that but my plan is to politely decline assuming I'll be totally full after dinner anyway! For the rest of the day I've already had toast (HEB) with scrambled egg for breakfast, I've got lentil soup for lunch and I've also got a yogurt to snack on.

Yeah Friday sounds like a good day for you. Have a fantastic evening and good luck resisting the naughties xx

Well so much for a new WI day = a fresh start. I've not even worked out yet what exactly I've had over this weekend but I know I've probably gone over my weekly syns......

Friday 14 February 2014
Breakfast Toast (HEB) with scrambled egg
Morning Yogurt
Lunch Lentil soup
Afternoon Fruit salad
Dinner Pasta with spicy tomato sauce (1 syn + HEB) followed by chocolate cake (26 syns)
Evening 2 large glasses rose wine (16 syns)
TOTAL SYNS – 43

Saturday 15 February 2014
Breakfast 2x toast (2xHEB) with Flora light (3 syns)
Lunch Jacket potato with cheese (HEA + 3 syns) and baked beans
Afternoon Latte (HEA) and 2 small shortbread bites(8 syns)
Dinner Chinese vegetables in a garlic and chilli sauce (8 syns) and egg fried rice (2½ syns) followed by chocolate cake (26 syns)
TOTAL SYNS – 50½

Sunday 16 February 2014
Breakfast Yogurt and toast (HEB) with Philidelphia Light (½HEA)
Morning Latte (HEA)
Lunch Spicy tomato pasta (HEB + 1 syn) and chocolate cake (26 syns)
Evening Tea (part HEA), 2 biscuits (5 syns) and mango
TOTAL SYNS – 32

So that’s a total of 125½ which is already 20½ over the normal weekly allowance of 105. Since it was Valentines though I’m not going to beat myself up over it, instead I’m going to use flexi-synning and allow myself 150 syns for the entire week. I would have made it less but I’ve already planned a cheese night with a friend on Tuesday and I don’t want to let her down. If I keep around 20 (plus my HEs) for Tuesday, that still allows me 4½ syns for Monday, Wednesday and Thursday before WI on Friday. It's not much but hopefully it’ll go some way toward making up for things. I remember my consultant saying that even when you go off plan that it’s all about remaining in control and that’s what I’m hoping I’ll manage to do.

I hope everyone’s had a lovely weekend x

Last edited:
Hey Bev, noticed you haven't updated for a bit so just popping in to check all is well xx

Back