Vegitarian Low Carb Diet

I'm doing this, after doing 2 months on Cambridge,and losing 2 stone. and I hate to say I'm getting better losses than any week on CD, and eating lovely food too!
Instead of atkins,which loads of meat, its lots of green veg, tofu, quorn and eggs for protein.Feeling fantastic, as Im still in ketosis, but eating!, BUT I think if your mental attitude to food is still not great eg binging, needing sugar fixes etc, I can see people could take advantage of the calorific foods, such as double cream, and cheese, and not do so well on it.

Cambridge completely put an end to my emotional eating, and that's why I decided to continue the weight loss where I could eat food again, and for me it's been fantastic :)
HTH!

Brilliant - Are you still on the SS equivalent? How much are you loosing on av?

Oh forgot to say, I'm following Rose Elliot's The Vegetarian low carb Diet, which induction starts off at 20g carbs per day, and 60 -80g protein. I switched straight from CD, and lost 7lb in my first week!

Thats the one im doing - I'm going from SS to this - I was worried that i might gain weight

cross posts there! Ive lost 7lbs the first week, and 5bs in the second, which does not seem right eating 100g of cheese a day, loads of veg,and eggs and even double cream in my coffee!

This is brilliant - I hope it works for me!! Do you excercise with it?

Not really if I'm honest! Some sit ups in the morning, and been dancing every night while cooking dinner to the radio!(praying the neighbours don't see me!) Also some walks, but I want to step it up a bit now to tone up.
I might start a new thread over in the low carb part of the forum, would be good to be able to talk to someone else doing it too :)

Yippeee.

I'm getting that book for Xmas. It's wonderful to hear that it's working for you.
It's the way I will hopefully eat for life.
I've been vegetarian since I was 13. I'm 28 now and always made the mistake of loading up on carbs. Since CD, I know better. X

There arent many people over there - dont think it will get much of a responce!!

Had you weight loss slowed down on SS? Have you only dont 2 wks of VLCD?

My SS weight losses are on my signature, in those 8 weeks it totally changed my mind set over food, thats why I felt it time to start eating again.

I vege low carbed before starting cambridge and I lost something like 8lbs in 10 days by eating quorn, cheese, eggs, nuts and green veg and salad. I appreciate lots of that was glycogen but I was still really pleased. I hope to follow a low carb diet when I reach my target weight. But for now I am sticking with CD.

I'm using the Rose Elliot book for maintenance ideas to keep my weight loss off. It's nice to get a book specifically for veggies.

Back