Verdict on the SW baked chocolate cheesecake?

Bernadette and mum

Wanting to make this for a dinner party as it's not bad syn wise, but I don't want to make it if it's going to turn out rubbish! Has anyone tried it? It's on the website. :)

Hi, I'm sure I tried this one a while back, and to honest I thought it was horrid.....it smelled totally lovely whilst cooking, but then when cutting into it you could see how the cottage cheese had affected it, making have a watery stuff coming out of it, and it tasted quite salty, again from the cottage cheese. I would say it wasn't my cup of tea, and I followed recipe to the letter too...If your looking for a good cheesecake why not try the raspberry and mint one from last months magazine, now that is lovely....or even a basic SW strawberry, or orange cheesecake, again really lovely.
Another I can recommend is the SW Slimoffi pie, now that was gorgeous, and the recipe is in the desserts book, well worth doing.
Hope it helps. :)

thanks soooooooooooo much this helps a lot! deffo am not going to make that now, sounds horrible! I like the look of the mint and rasberry one in the magazine :rolleyes: so I might try that or else just try to make an ordinary cheesecake but use low fat/low cal alternatives! Slimoffee pie sounds lovely too but unfortunately don't have that book. Thanks again :)

whenever i made sw baked cheesecakes they never turned out very good and ended up throwing them away

Hi, glad to be of help....recipe for slimoffi pie is....28g/10z all bran, 1 packet of options toffee drink, 142ml/1/4pt skimmed milk, 1 packet of no added sugar dream topping, 3 bananas...method: 1) crush all bran, moisten with water, and place in bottom of an 18cm/7inch glass flan dish or individual ramekins. 2) put dream topping, most of toffee option and milk in a bowl, and whisk together untill very thick, pour over all bran base, and chill for 2 hrs. 3) to serve slice bananas and arrange on top of the toffee topping. Dust with remaining options powder, and drizzle with melted dark chocolate (1.5 syns per tsp)

I have made this but couldnt get my hands on toffee options, so used the caramel one instead, and to be fair it was totally lovely, would recomend this to everyone, really was simple to do, and tasted fab....hope this helps, good luck.....If you mange to get a copy of 100 delicious deserts book, honestly well worth investing in, especially if you, like me enjoy desserts..:)

Back