very excited !

lozzer58

Well first visit to LL last night had the talk and watched the dvd, met some nice people who were also starting five of us in all, can not wait to get health form sorted so i can go back next wednesday for food packs . I am feeling very strange never in my life have i looked forward to starting a diet I am really excited. Could this be the one for me !!!!

Hey lozzer58 - i was the same way - i think its because we know this is our time and we will lose and thats why we re so excited!
good luck

Hi Pymster, yes think you are right i feel as though it is my time. Met someone last night who had lost fifteen stone and although not finished yet looked great , i have four stone to lose and i feel confident i can do it this time. I have not tasted food packs yet though but i am sure i can cope. Hope your doing well ?

So glad to hear you're excited!!! I had that same giddiness when i was starting out!! I hated the wait, but it made me more mentally prepared!!! At least you only have to wait till Wednesay!!! I had over a week and it was awful!!!
Can't wait to follow your journey!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jodie, Feeling anxious about doctors appointment next wednesday morning, i am in great health and every time i visit doctor no mention is ever made of my weight even when i had knee problem a while back nothing was said. What if doctor wont sign form i will be gutted !!

They have no reason not to sign!! What you are doing is a good thing, and he'll recognise that!!! xxxx

Hi Jodie, Feeling anxious about doctors appointment next wednesday morning, i am in great health and every time i visit doctor no mention is ever made of my weight even when i had knee problem a while back nothing was said. What if doctor wont sign form i will be gutted !!

My doctor refused to sign mine on the principle that the entire practice was against VLCD. You can go to a private GP recommended by your LLC or to a Superdrug and have the form filled out there if you have problem with your GP!

My doctor refused to sign mine on the principle that the entire practice was against VLCD. You can go to a private GP recommended by your LLC or to a Superdrug and have the form filled out there if you have problem with your GP!

Really? That's awful! Surely a GP should be "against" obesity, and "for" us doing something about it?!?!? Crazy madness!!!

Hope it all goes well Lozzer!! (My nurse did mine and was really supportive and lovely!!)

Hey Jodie
How u doing? Glad to hear ur head is better. Did u go wi? X

I did indeed Pym!! Will wander over to Sept thread now and update! x

Hi Jodie, just noticed your weight loss this week , fantastic well done 12 lb in 2 weeks!! must be really pleased with that i would be keep it going. Take care Lorraine:)

:) My practice nurse did mine x no problems she said she looks forward to seeing less of me each time i go ... I think that lots of pharmacies will do a blood pressure medication check but will charge. The problem with GP surgeries is they are now run as businesses so they think they can charge for things or refuse to do them :(

lozzer58 said:
Hi Jodie, just noticed your weight loss this week , fantastic well done 12 lb in 2 weeks!! must be really pleased with that i would be keep it going. Take care Lorraine:)

Thanks Lorraine!!! I am really happy!! At first I'd thought it was 3 weeks, but it's actually a fortnights loss so over the moon!!!
Good luck on ur journey!! Xxxxxxx

Hi Jodie, I go on holiday two weeks tomorrow another reason why i am so desperate to start on wednesday so i can get first week under my belt before i go. If after my hols i am 12 pounds lighter than i am now i will be thrilled ( My husband said i am the only one who can go all inclusive and take her own food !! ) Have a great weekend Lorraine

Oh wow!!! Where are you off to?! After the first week you'll be fine!! Just becomes second nature, so think you'll be fine on holiday!!!
Good luck!!! Bet you'll have a fab time! Very jealous! Xxxx

Hi. Jodie, Going to fuerteventura taking 5 year old grandaughter too, so at least hubby doesnt have to eat alone . I can avoid dining room which will be easier. I will have breakfast with them but just drink coffee not a breakfast person really. Going to Eygpt in December which will be a bit harder dont want hubby to eat alone so may have to sit and watch him , he isnt concerned said he doesnt have a problem eating alone, spends a lot of time in hotels on business and said he is use to it but it doesnt seem right on holiday does it ? Anyway by then should have had a decent weight loss and it wont bother me. Lorraine

2 holidays!?! Well that's just not fair!!! I'm sure i'll be small enough to squeeze into your case in December!!! Hahahahaha!!!
I don't nkow how much you have to lose, but you may well be at goal by December!!
So long as you know your limits, have planned it well ahead of time, and keep your willpower/self control in check, i'm sure you'll be fine!!

If you absolutely, positively HAVE to eat, just stick to protein (Lean meat and fish), skip the veggies and salad, and there's a chance you may even stay in ketosis. BUT it could knock you out of it as well, and then its a bit of a slippery slope trying to get back on LL (and who would want to suffer the carb withdrawal/beginners few days whilst on holiday?!)

I think you seem in te right mindset to not be tempted to eat - in fact, if you ask the hotel, they may make up a soup for you and put it in a bowl so you *can* eat with your hubby!!! No-one need know, and as a paying customer, they'll be happy to oblige!!!! :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks jodie, what a good idea getting hotel to make soup had not thought of that , was thinking of sticking to shakes that week thought that might be easier. I have four stone to lose maybe 4 1/2 so wont be at goal till way after xmas if i am at goal for my birthday in February i will be thrilled, from what i am reading on this forum i think that is realistic dont you ? Hope you have a great weekend Lorraine

I reckon you could make it my January!!! Hehe!!! Xxx

Back