Very poorly tummy - what CAN I eat?

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
I have spent most of the night up with ( excuse the spelling) diahorrea :(
I was also feeling very sick but wasnt acually sick.
I feel ok now but tummy a little twisty turny.
Today was planned as a red day but ive eaten nothing yet so can do any of the 3 - I can't think whats best to do though :confused:
My stomach is rumbling now - yoghurt not good under circumstances, nor cereal cars ( dont need the fibre!)
What can I eat for brekkie then the rest of the day thats maybe mild and lightish??????????:rolleyes:
I know not eating isnt a good idea on the plan

Found this:
Drink plenty of fluid to avoid becoming dehydrated. Start with sips of any fluid other than caffeinated beverages. Milk may prolong loose stools, but also provides needed fluids and nourishment. Drinking milk may be fine for mild diarrhea.
Active cultures of beneficial bacteria (probiotics) make diarrhea less severe and shorten its duration. Probiotics can be found in yogurt with active or live cultures and in supplements.
Foods like rice, dry toast, and bananas can sometimes help with diarrhea.
Avoid over-the-counter antidiarrhea medications unless specifically instructed to use one by your doctor. Certain infections can be made worse by these drugs. When you have diarrhea, your body is trying to get rid of whatever is causing it (contaminated food, virus, etc.). The medicine can interfere with this process.
Get plenty of rest.

Drink a lot of water :) Get well soon!

Sorry to hear that. Rice, banana, toast are all good for bad tummy. Maybe even plain pasta. A green day would probably be best.
Hope you feel better soon x

A little scrammbled egg and toast, soup for lunch and plain pasta for tea?

Weird, I feel dire in the stomach dept too today. Stomach is doing that "twist as if you are going to be sick" sensation and I suspect a deluge downstairs is incoming.

Hubby is off doing a 500 mile round trip to collect someone from John O Groats and I am on my own with the kids all day and night. Timing. Impeccable. Sanity. Mission Impossible.

Weird, I feel dire in the stomach dept too today. Stomach is doing that "twist as if you are going to be sick" sensation and I suspect a deluge downstairs is incoming.

Hubby is off doing a 500 mile round trip to collect someone from John O Groats and I am on my own with the kids all day and night. Timing. Impeccable. Sanity. Mission Impossible.

Ha! My hubby hubby is away for a footy weekend and not back til 10pm tomorrow too!
Ohhhh poor poor us :cry:

Acutally, a lot of cultures use yogurt to treat an upset tummy - the bacteria it contains helps to get rid of the nasty bacteria and yogurt can be very soothing for a dodgy stomach. I always use it on the (rare) occaisions one of us has a tummy bug.

I eat yogurt too!
A few weeks ago I managed to get one of those 24 hour bugs and all I could manage was greek yogurt - felt very comforting.
Do hope that you feel better soon - rest as much as you can and drink plenty of water. xx

Thanks guys - my sister is gonna pop up in an hour or so and watch the kids so i can get my head down for a couple of hours x

You should really only drink fluids for 24 hours to rid yourself of the bug - but you could try dry toast, arrowroot, marie or rich tea biscuits, don't overload your stomach at all.

And don't forget to keep your fluid levels up, I hope you will feel better soon. X

I avoided the cereal bars all day yesterday - had one this morning and it was really rattling about in there so I would perhaps not have one hun x

Im fine now thanks hun x You?

Back