Virus warning

It has been reported and Pierce is dealing with it. Once these things are flagged up it will take a little while for the site to be reviewed and marked as safe so this might go on for a little while. There is no evidence of any malware on the forum, this appears to have been triggered by an advertiser whose link has now been removed. Please do not be unduly alarmed.

Was last night thus morning fine though now in from phone though

It will be fine on mobile or IE or any other browser, its chrome. Basically Google, register all adverts and links and stuff and when something holds a "potential" (so its not necessarily harmful, could be adware, malware, virus but it could also just be an unverified link) threat it sends a warning (possibly if you go through google to here it will give the warning in other browsers), with Chrome being Google it will automatically flag it. But now it's registered as a potential threat to Google it will continue to display the warning until they are told otherwise. The warning can of course be ignored. Some anti virus's (predominantly Avast and AVG) are part powered by Google so again if Google register the issue, some Antivirus's will pick it up as being a potentially unsafe website also. Of course it is up to you if you choose to access, but with this being a website I use regularly and is usually safe it's a pretty safe bet to assume an advert or a link in a thread has caused the issue

/geekiness over (can't you just tell I'm a web developer by day :p)

It will be fine on mobile or IE or any other browser, its chrome. Basically Google, register all adverts and links and stuff and when something holds a "potential" (so its not necessarily harmful, could be adware, malware, virus but it could also just be an unverified link) threat it sends a warning (possibly if you go through google to here it will give the warning in other browsers), with Chrome being Google it will automatically flag it. But now it's registered as a potential threat to Google it will continue to display the warning until they are told otherwise. The warning can of course be ignored. Some anti virus's (predominantly Avast and AVG) are part powered by Google so again if Google register the issue, some Antivirus's will pick it up as being a potentially unsafe website also. Of course it is up to you if you choose to access, but with this being a website I use regularly and is usually safe it's a pretty safe bet to assume an advert or a link in a thread has caused the issue

/geekiness over (can't you just tell I'm a web developer by day :p)

Not geeky, just very clever.................and that is from a dinasour lol !!!

My IE was fine, no probs.

Back