Visible results ... when do we see them?!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Millij, 13 January 2009 Social URL.

1. Millij

Millij Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    ... I've managed my first full week on SS and i get weighed tomorrow ... really nervous. I'm SO impatient and i know i'm not being fair on myself. It took me over a year to put all this weight on so why do i expect it all to be gone in a matter of days!?!! :rolleyes: I just dont look any different and i kind of hoped i'd see it more ... see, SO impatient!!
    When did everyone start to see a real difference to their body ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Libellule

Libellule Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(33.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey Millij

Firstly - congrats on completing your first week...that's the hardest bit out the way !

Over the first few weeks although the scales were showing a really good weight loss, I didn't think I looked any different in the mirror (cos I too am very impatient !) However, I found that my clothes were a great indicator of how much your body shape is changing - they start to get a bit loose, and then end up being massive ! I have done 9 weeks on the diet now, and have lost 2 stone 10lbs and dropped from a size 16 to a 12...so it definitely works !

4. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

Hi Millij, know what you mean my eyes refused to see the difference in the mirror for a few weeks so I am glad now that I measured myself all over at various places and then measured again every week after that writing down all the changes which proved I was losing inches all over....
    oh and then my trousers fell down...ha ha (true!)

xx

5. Millij

Millij Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Aww, thanks - you're both amazing and a real inspiration. I am a size 16/18 and want to be a size 12 .... NOW!! :D Its nice to know it is achievable.

The trouble is that my CDC didnt take measurements and i wish i had said something at the time because i'd love to know how much i'm shrinking!

6. Libellule

Libellule Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(33.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Will you be seeing your CDC every week ? If so just ask her next time you go. My CDC measures Waist, Hips, Bust, Upper arms and thighs and records them on my card.

7. Millij

Millij Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Yes, i see her every week. The trouble is that i feel kind of cheated out of my first week's efforts if i measure now!! I wonder what my measurements were this time last week!!

8. NewYearNewMe

NewYearNewMe Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(8.29%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I agree that it's really important to measure - and even if you don't have your first week, don't let that stop you! It's brill to see those tape measure numbers going down! I'm only on my 2nd week too, and lost 8 pounds and 8 inches (2 off my waist!!)

9. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

i know you've missed out on the 1st weeks but it'd be so worth it if u start recording from now...really helped me along especially when i had a small loss but the inches were still flying off. my CDc didn't measure me at all so i kept my own record, and i took photo's every week too.

10. Millij

Millij Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Ok, i will start measuring today! You've convinced me!
    Lelly you are SOOO good - photos?!! I wouldnt be able to bear to look at myself!

11. Red Mich

Red Mich Likes to read

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi Mil
    Photos are a good idea. I got my hubby to take photo of me front, back and side and have it pinned inside my wardrobe door with date and start weight.
    Hopefully i'll get him to take another set at the end of the first month and see the difference and again at the end of the 2nd month. I'm determined to last that long!
    Plus just looking at them gives me that extra incentive when feeling a bit down.
    Mich x

12. bevy

bevy Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.73%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya,

Photo's are a fab idea, I am on week 7 well actually week 6 because I took xmas week off and I did before photo's and we took more on Sunday and wow what a difference, you don't really notice the huge amount of difference looking in the mirror everyday but you definitely do from the photo's and it's great motivation especially when you feel a bit down.

Good luck x

13. bigtummymummy

bigtummymummy Mand

Diet:
    slimming world
    i have done the same with the photo's, i got my fiancee to take pic's of me in underwear (not saucy ones lol!!) and i will take some more in a months time, i'm coming to the end of week one, and have found that when the thoughts of food pop into my mind, i go and look at the photo's and it stops me wanting to cheat,as i'm repulsed at how i look.

14. elizabethjohn

elizabethjohn Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(20.35%)
    Diet:
    low carb no dairy
    i dont think im smaller..... just softer ....not hard fat if you know what i mean .... o and im on day 9

liz xx

15. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I took a photo every 4 weeks, which reall kept me motivated.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.