Visible results ... when do we see them?!

Millij

... I've managed my first full week on SS and i get weighed tomorrow ... really nervous. I'm SO impatient and i know i'm not being fair on myself. It took me over a year to put all this weight on so why do i expect it all to be gone in a matter of days!?!! :rolleyes: I just dont look any different and i kind of hoped i'd see it more ... see, SO impatient!!
When did everyone start to see a real difference to their body ?

Hey Millij

Firstly - congrats on completing your first week...that's the hardest bit out the way !

Over the first few weeks although the scales were showing a really good weight loss, I didn't think I looked any different in the mirror (cos I too am very impatient !) However, I found that my clothes were a great indicator of how much your body shape is changing - they start to get a bit loose, and then end up being massive ! I have done 9 weeks on the diet now, and have lost 2 stone 10lbs and dropped from a size 16 to a 12...so it definitely works !

Hi Millij, know what you mean my eyes refused to see the difference in the mirror for a few weeks so I am glad now that I measured myself all over at various places and then measured again every week after that writing down all the changes which proved I was losing inches all over....
oh and then my trousers fell down...ha ha (true!)

xx

I agree that it's really important to measure - and even if you don't have your first week, don't let that stop you! It's brill to see those tape measure numbers going down! I'm only on my 2nd week too, and lost 8 pounds and 8 inches (2 off my waist!!)

i know you've missed out on the 1st weeks but it'd be so worth it if u start recording from now...really helped me along especially when i had a small loss but the inches were still flying off. my CDc didn't measure me at all so i kept my own record, and i took photo's every week too.

Hi Mil
Photos are a good idea. I got my hubby to take photo of me front, back and side and have it pinned inside my wardrobe door with date and start weight.
Hopefully i'll get him to take another set at the end of the first month and see the difference and again at the end of the 2nd month. I'm determined to last that long!
Plus just looking at them gives me that extra incentive when feeling a bit down.
Mich x

Hiya,

Photo's are a fab idea, I am on week 7 well actually week 6 because I took xmas week off and I did before photo's and we took more on Sunday and wow what a difference, you don't really notice the huge amount of difference looking in the mirror everyday but you definitely do from the photo's and it's great motivation especially when you feel a bit down.

Good luck x

Hi Mil
Photos are a good idea. I got my hubby to take photo of me front, back and side and have it pinned inside my wardrobe door with date and start weight.
Hopefully i'll get him to take another set at the end of the first month and see the difference and again at the end of the 2nd month. I'm determined to last that long!
Plus just looking at them gives me that extra incentive when feeling a bit down.
Mich x
i have done the same with the photo's, i got my fiancee to take pic's of me in underwear (not saucy ones lol!!) and i will take some more in a months time, i'm coming to the end of week one, and have found that when the thoughts of food pop into my mind, i go and look at the photo's and it stops me wanting to cheat,as i'm repulsed at how i look.

Back