Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Visualisation - has anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by EllieMellie, 27 May 2009 Social URL.

1. EllieMellie

EllieMellie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.65%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Howdy All

I have been getting quite into yoga and meditation lately, thanks to a good friend who is a yoga teacher and I have been reading up on visualisation.
    From what I can gather, it is an incredibly powerful tool to help you achieve what you want...the science behind it is real - you build new neural pathways in the mind and it is used massively in sport - think about Devid Beckham's free kick technique. (Or just his bottom*).
    Therefore, imagining how it feels to get to goal, what is said to you, what you are wearing, etc, in vivid detail, should help to achieve success.
    I am a bit rubbish at visualising - my mind wanders (*see above), but I just wondered if anyone had tried it?

Ellie xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Hiya Ellie, As a hypnotherapist I use a lot of slef hypnosis and visualization plays a big part of this for me.
    I think this has made a big difference to me this time around.
    Now bottoms.......
    can think of one or two I'd prefer to get close to apart from Beckham ;)
    x

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I also use visualization a lot, and teach the techniques to musicians.

I've heard that DBeck uses it too.

I'm not surprised by your answer Tilly. I didn't know you were a hypnotherapist, and can see now how you've managed to stay so very positive throughout Cambridge :clap:

5. EllieMellie

EllieMellie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(17.65%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ooh, that's an interesting job!!
    Any top tips for getting started with it? x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.