Voluntary Work ... I heard Back!!!!!!! :D

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
So, a couple weeks ago i applied for some voluntary positions of which i heard nothing back within the 10days the conformation email said i would but then yesterday i got an email from the voluntary site with info on the positions i applied for with contact detaills.

So, i sent an email to the guy for the youth offending service explaining that i want to put myself out there for some voluntary work and am particulary interested in becoming an appropriate adult etc etc...... AND I GOT A REPLY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said the next intake isnt untill febuary as thats when the next lot of training is and he also sent me the application form to send back to him and he then even said "it would be great to meet up at some point to have a chat about our voluntary positions and the training process. Plus, its always good to put a name to a face!."

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

Am going to fill the application in in a bit and mail it back to him somepoint this evening and then hopefully it'll go from there!

:fingerscrossed:

ah great, congrats x

Hey, your luck is really up lately. Better buy a lottery ticket this week too!!! Best of luck with the application.

Thanks guys - done with the application for tonight, guna finish it tomorrow then email it off :fingerscrossed:

Thats brilliant hun i know you really wanted one of the positions.

congrats hun

x

Hi,

Have you not tried your local police station? I currently volunteer in mine 4 hours a week (could do more, but am short of hours as it is, doing double modules in my degree at the moment, and the work load is unbelievable, with working full time and my two boys, running house..... stress!!!! I am sure it will be worth it!). I really love working in the police station, and I am sure you would.

I have applied for tons of police station jobs, and today, I eventually got the phone call! I have been invited to attend an interview for the post of witness care officer. Really hope I get it, it sounds really interesting.

Keep going, and don't give up, as disheartening as it can be. And as we have both seen, persistence does eventually pay off!!!

Hope it works out for you hun x

thats great Tanya, best of luck with it, so happy for you ;)

Well done to you!!! Getting your foot in the door is always the hardest step, once you meet up I am sure you will be in there. Good luck x

Hi,

Have you not tried your local police station? I currently volunteer in mine 4 hours a week (could do more, but am short of hours as it is, doing double modules in my degree at the moment, and the work load is unbelievable, with working full time and my two boys, running house..... stress!!!! I am sure it will be worth it!). I really love working in the police station, and I am sure you would.

I have applied for tons of police station jobs, and today, I eventually got the phone call! I have been invited to attend an interview for the post of witness care officer. Really hope I get it, it sounds really interesting.

Keep going, and don't give up, as disheartening as it can be. And as we have both seen, persistence does eventually pay off!!!

Hope it works out for you hun x

How did you go about volunteering at the police station Liz? And what do you do there? xxx

Back