• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Wagamama

I love Wagamama - it's one of my fav places to eat out at :) Does anyone know how many syns would be in a grilled chicken katsu curry?
best way to get a precise syn value, is to find the nutritional information (not sure if it is on their website??)

and then input that into the syns calculator selecting chicken as a free food.

A google shows the non grilled Chicken Katsu Curry as 800 calories (EEEEK!!)

I dont think the syns would be too high for an eating out meal.

dont forget that the chicken and boiled rice would be free.

and a basic katsu curry sauce is:

Ingredients

2 tbs oil
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped/pureed or thinly sliced
2 tbs plain flour
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt (although I tend to add 1.5 tsp salt instead)
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tbs of sugar

I love love love wagamama and have eaten there a few times whilst doing SW. I usually have a portion of Edamame beans and then a chicken ramen. It's impossible to work out the syns without the nutritional information, but I just try not to have any other syns the days I'm eating out there, and it's not caused me any problems.

If I was going to recommend what to avoid, it would be the katsu curry (even if it's grilled, the sauce would be higher in syns) and anything coconut based.

xx

Yes the katsu curry sauce is quite creamy at wagamamas so I presume it has coconut milk in it.

Also the chicken wouldn't necessarily be FREE just because it is a free food, it will have a free allowance, but it depends how and what it is cooked in as to how many syns. It may well be grilled with an oil marinade of some sort.

Most of the food at Wagamama is cooked to order, and they are really good at changing orders or omitting items from a meal. The staff are pretty clued up so will tell you if say, a curry sauce, cannot be changed, but a noodle dish can be cooked without oil or chicken grilled

I felt really picky the first time I did this, but the staff were so nice about it, now I do it all the time
x