Waitressing

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by xsarahx, 3 June 2010 Social URL.

1. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I started waitressing about 1.5 months ago. I have just come back from a ten hour shift, no sitting down, constantly on my feet, mostly walking around. Any idea how many cals this would burn?!

I am counting it as my exercise for the day as, firstly I wouldnt have time to do any specific exercise around a shift like this, but secondly because I can feel my body has worked hard afterwards.

Any ideas anyone?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Wasted Ink

Wasted Ink Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.16%)
    Diet:
    Heathly Eating/Calorie Counting
    Do you know what you burn when totally sedentary? Generally, what your burn whilst on your feet is double that of your sedentary burn. So say you burn 100 sedentary = 200 for being on your feet and then add on the walking. Perhaps another 100-200. So theoretically you could have burnt almost 3,000 cals. That is one long shift!

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a more accurate estimation than me.

4. Lucky Cat

Lucky Cat A work in progress

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(34.94%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating/exercise
    Well, it's all going to depend on how much you weigh, how fast you were moving, what you had to carry, etc. etc. ;)

I'd guesstimate that you'd be looking at about 150 - 200 an hour.

5. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thanks guys. I definitely feel like I am burning lots of calories! I have done a few longer shifts than normal in the last few days and have lost 3.5lbs in 3 days because of it!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.