• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Waitressing

xsarahx

Gold Member
I started waitressing about 1.5 months ago. I have just come back from a ten hour shift, no sitting down, constantly on my feet, mostly walking around. Any idea how many cals this would burn?!

I am counting it as my exercise for the day as, firstly I wouldnt have time to do any specific exercise around a shift like this, but secondly because I can feel my body has worked hard afterwards.

Any ideas anyone?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Do you know what you burn when totally sedentary? Generally, what your burn whilst on your feet is double that of your sedentary burn. So say you burn 100 sedentary = 200 for being on your feet and then add on the walking. Perhaps another 100-200. So theoretically you could have burnt almost 3,000 cals. That is one long shift!

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you a more accurate estimation than me.

Lucky Cat

A work in progress
Well, it's all going to depend on how much you weigh, how fast you were moving, what you had to carry, etc. etc. ;)

I'd guesstimate that you'd be looking at about 150 - 200 an hour.