Wannabe slim but crap at dieting

Hi

Have tried every diet I can think of and never stick to them. My latest diet was lipotrim I have lasted half a day the shakes are horrible I am feeling really annoyed with my self. I have heard a lot of good things about Slimming World so I am thinking of joining on Monday night.

I weigh 12st 12lbs and would love to be 9st 7lbs - but I love my food and drink, especially wine!!!

Please give me some encouragement and someone to share all my highs :)and lows with:(

Hi hun, im just thinking of rejoining sw! Did cambridge lost 5 stone put all back on, done weightwatchers more times than leader done meeings so going for new option!!! We can get our heads round it im sure and finally get to where we want to be!!

Go for it hun!! Sarahxx

Hi holidaylyn
I love my food and wine, been on SW for 11 months and dropped 16lb, not focused like I should have been last year but since the beginning of 2008 it is going really well.
You are allowed syns average 10 per day I use and at the weekend mine are used for wine so I can have 2 glasses per night or 2 bottle per week - is this enough?
Joining a class ids the best way in my opinion - suppost is there.
Everyone on here is friendly and very supportive.
You can download a weeks trial menu from the SW site - I did this and then I joined class but download it before you go to class and then you will have an idea of the plan.
Hope this helps.
Irene

Hi

Weight wise my situation is similar to you. I weighed in at 12st 13 when I joined and my goal is also 9st 7. I took the plunge as I've tried many times to lose the weight myself but fail every time - major willpower problem!!!

I've been going to class for three weeks now and have lost 9 and a half pounds, so it definitely does work.

Give it a go, I'm sure you'll love it.

I tend to try not to use my syns on food during the day and use them on a glass of wine or two of an evening (not everyday - don't want people thinking I'm an alcoholic!!) so you see you can still eat loads and have the treats you enjoy!

I don't post an awful lot on here, I tend to read all the posts and find it's really motivating. Everyone is really lovely and supportive.

Good luck with everything.

Annette x :)

Hi guys, I love SW! I have tried a lot of different plans and find this one suits me. I am never hungry and don't feel i am missing out on the things i like to eat.

In the 12 weeks i have been doing SW i have lost 30lb! I agree with Annette thr trial is a good way to see if it if for you, then pop a long to a meeting and keep posting here. They are a great bunch and very supportive :)

Good Luck

Good luck Lyn, look forward to hearing how you get on

SW is the only thing that has worked for me. I have lost 52lb on it and I have 20lb to go. It's so easy to follow especially as it is non restrictive. You can still enjoy your wine too!

Good luck with your weight loss im sure SW will suit you, use your syns for your wine and as with most diets its all in moderation.
If you stick at it im sure you will hit your target soon enough!

Ruthy xxx

Thanks for words of encouragement. Starting SW tomorrow

HI

Had weigh in tonight, need to lose about 4stone, if anyone else is starting tomorrow maybe we could encourage each other:)

Wish me luck

Hiya hun ive got 4 1/2 to lose and i start each week on a thursday.

I start each week like its my first
PREPARATION
PREPARATION
PREPARATION
READ YOUR BOOK
WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN

And visit us everyday

GOOD LUCK
Ruthy xxx

hey folks,

i'm so pleased to find this site... i have tried slimming several times and never really stuck at it for long. lost a stone but then it goes back on soon enough. my mum has lost 2 1/2 stone with SW so going to give it another try as it was the best way i've lost weight in the past.

really pleased that there is support out there and look forward to chating to you all!

Kat x

Hi hun, im just thinking of rejoining sw! Did cambridge lost 5 stone put all back on, done weightwatchers more times than leader done meeings so going for new option!!! We can get our heads round it im sure and finally get to where we want to be!!

Go for it hun!! Sarahxx

If you want to go for a "new option", then why are you choosing something that follows an (almost) identical principle to something that you found didn't help? There really isn't that much difference between SW and WW (I should know, I've done both).

Sorry if this comes across as a little terse, it's not meant to be, but I'm just thinking it's a bit daft to start another plan so similar to one that didn't work, is all...:confused:

Hugs,

Sarah

Sacharissa perhaps it will work for Sarah this time, if her head and heart are up for it and it is something she really wants to do then she will succeed.

I hated WW personally i was always hungry and sometimes run out of points before the end of the day! I have done SW for 12 weeks and find it really works for me. I am never hungry, eat what i want (within reason) and have not had to "cut out" anything.

Maybe i am more determined this time as Sarah maybe too. Yes there are lots of different plans out there to follow but there is nothing wrong in trying again!

Good luck Sarah and Holidaylyn

I think all diets work IF YOU STICK TO THEM.
But, i do think different diets suit different people.

Nuff said.
RUTHY

Back