Extra Easy Days Want to joing SW from WW!

najwa

Hi Guys,

Hope your all well.

Right, been doing WW for about 5 weeks now.
Week1: 0.5 on
Week2: 4lb off
Week3: 1.5lb on
Week4: 0.5 in
Week5: 1 lb off

So only lost 2.5lbs! Not happy.
I am gettin married in September and really
Want to lose 7lbs min.

The issue is I am always hungry on WW. I have the minimum points (26) and I can't stay full and never satisfied.

I done SW few years back and really enjoyed it but I have heard it has changed. Green and Red
Free goods combined? Can someone give me te down low? Also, how many syns do I get per
Day and how many syns are things like choc and
Crisps? ( low fat of course)

I'll be much obliged if someone could respond.

Many thanks

Xxxx
:)

Hi! I've never done WW so can't say much other than it sounds like you are not making the most of your points. There really shouldn;t be any reason why you should be hungry on WW any more than SW.

But if you want to give SW a whirl then go for it. Yes there is a new(ish) plan called Extra Easy where you can have the free foods from both the red and green plans in one day. So if you want spag bol with loads of pasta you can do it. The only proviso is that SW recommend one third of each meal should be what they call superfree foods, which is most fruit and veg. And you only get one HEa (milk/cheese) and one HEb (cereal, bread, crispbreads etc) where you can have two of each on the other plans. Syns for stuff like chocolate and crisps are worked out using 1 syn for every 20 calories. You get quite a few low fat crisps at 4-6 syns a bag, chocolate ranges from a freddo (5), curly wurly (6ish) upwards depending on what you have.

There is a thread in the sticky section above which explain all about it for newbies to SW. You still have 15 syns a day that you can use daily or save up from one day to the next so you can be a bit more naughty at the weekend. Go and have a look at the sticky and then just shout if you have any questions. Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Aw thanks so much. WW is portion
Controlled and the portions are just not enough to satisfy me.

I used to love the green days never really done the red but I guess if both green and red are
Free then that's a bonus. Looks
Like I can have a few treats aswell which is a bonus.

X

Yeah extra easy is basically just all the free foods from both plans, superfree with every meal (which there has been discussions about on here) and your syns work out well today I've had 7, that's about my average hardly ever under 5 for me though. Give it a whirl again you never know!! I like slimming world as there's so much we can eat and don't have to weigh everything (apart from healthy extras and syns obv)

i was always a WW girl , but i joined a SW class after getting bored of WW

would never go back to WW now , i used to use my points on rubbish but on SW i eat very healthy every day , and i've never been hungry once

my advice is join a SW class , its half price at the moment , then you can see if its for you , the plans will be explained to you , and you'll get the books to start you off

go for it , you've got nothing to lose except the weight ...good luck xx

Ive just switched from ww. I dis agree that 26pp should be enough, i was doing realky well but have plateaud for wks. It seems the closer ive got to goal, the more exercise ive been doing and even when using ww weekly allowance had a ravenous appetite which im finding it hard to fill on 0 pp foods. Im a carbs girl and so i think green or EE will suit me best.

Its all about what works for you and your own circumstance. Also a change is sometimes whats needed. Good luck hun!

WW didn't work for me personally but I know so many who've done amazingly well on it. Different things work for different people, so you should definitely find what works for you.:)

If you find yourself hungry SW could be perfect, there's lots of free food to enjoy not forgetting to fill up on tons of fruit & veg. Meals can be so delicious on SW. You get your daily syns so you can enjoy chocolate if you want to. I often have a curly wurly (6 syns) & WW crisps (4 syns) most days & still have 5 to use if I want to.

Although on SW you don't measure your free food, you only eat until you're satisfied, not full, so in that sense it does teach portion control.

Give it a try, but I'd suggest sticking to it for at least a month. It's quite different to WW so you're first weigh in may be good/not as good as you're going from one to another.

Thanks so much for all your responses.

I done SW few years ago and done well on it. Loads of stir fry, mash a s quorn sausages, shepherds pies etc. I ate really
Well. On WW I seem to use all my points on rubbish. Lol.

So green days I know as that's what I done before but I guess I could do extra easy when see my fiancé as I can have unlimited meat then too right. Mix both free foods from both days together?

My monthy subscription for WW runs out 4 th May so will try stick to it till then and def join SW after. I actually want to join now but I have all my
WW ready meals etc so think I'll join when I have finished them. Exciting stuff ;)

Thanks so much for all your responses.

I done SW few years ago and done well on it. Loads of stir fry, mash a s quorn sausages, shepherds pies etc. I ate really
Well. On WW I seem to use all my points on rubbish. Lol.

So green days I know as that's what I done before but I guess I could do extra easy when see my fiancé as I can have unlimited meat then too right. Mix both free foods from both days together?

My monthy subscription for WW runs out 4 th May so will try stick to it till then and def join SW after. I actually want to join now but I have all my
WW ready meals etc so think I'll join when I have finished them. Exciting stuff ;)

When I did WW I used my points very sensibly but I had friends who would save a days worth of points to splurge on McDonalds for dinner, I didn't think that taught them anything about healthy eating, but it's down to each person & how they view it/use to spend their points.

You can still enjoy all of that on SW :) I don't eat meat but yes you can mix the free foods from both (as long as there's no fat on the meat). If you join a class you'll get your new pack with all the Extra Easy info & hopefully they'll guide you through it :)

Ive just switched from ww. I dis agree that 26pp should be enough, i was doing realky well but have plateaud for wks. It seems the closer ive got to goal, the more exercise ive been doing and even when using ww weekly allowance had a ravenous appetite which im finding it hard to fill on 0 pp foods. Im a carbs girl and so i think green or EE will suit me best.

Its all about what works for you and your own circumstance. Also a change is sometimes whats needed. Good luck hun!
Maybe the 26 weren't enough for you if you were doing lots of exercise. How many ap's did you earn and use?
Perhaps the simply filling would have been better for you? but then if you are happy with sw now then alls good :)

I agree that simply filling was a better option for me, just found it frustrating that i couldnt have white pasta or rice om it but could eat ww own branded bread products which my fiance, who is a pastry chef (Im doomed!!) says are filled with far more additives and rubbish than pasta. But then he doesnt know my guilty pleasure is super noodles and they are full of junk!! I earn around 40+ app's a wk but my leader advised only eating about a third of them once my weight loss slowed.

As you say, its different strokes nor different folks. I think the change of plan is just good to get me refocussed and get the weight loss going again. I by no means want to criticise anyone elses plan, just what works for this frustrating body of mine!

Back