want to start atkins -i need some help -

jazz_york

good morning all

I am new to this and want to start the atkins diet

i have read some info so get the jist of things, my question is - can the atkins be done on a fairly low budget?

the things you are allowed to eat ie chicken, bacon etc - are these in moderation or unlimited? ( really want to find a diet where i wont be withering away by tea time) :wave_cry:

any help or advise gratefully received

Hi and welcome Jazz :)

You definately won't be hungry on Atkins I can assure you that. It's not overly expensive really. Might be the first week of shopping until you get used to it. I spent a fortune on meat the week before last (I am now on my second week) and I froze the majority of what i bought and I am still using it now.

Have a read of the stickes especially Jim's (i think it's called 'Thinking of staring atkins) . It's very helpful. Try and keep it varied then you don't get bored. there are lots of useful recipes on here too.

Best of luck with it :)

xwendywoox

When I think of the amount of money I spent whilst eating rubbish food, Atkins is inexpensive. :) I stocked up quite a bit in Lidl this morning.

Hi Jazz and welcome
I tend to bulk buy on things, so if cheese is on offer I'll buy a few. I do use frozen meat, but try and look for it with no added water and frozen veg especially cabbage, Lovely fried in butter and a dash of cream! :)
You will definatly not be hungry!
Good luck x

I'm finding it a little more expensive, we don't eat value cuts of meat etc so it's bound to cost more.

So really it's up to you whether you buy cheaper cuts of meat or splash out and have slightly better cuts.

I also love lambs kidneys and steak in a mixed grill, but decent steak is never cheap!

Back