Want to start but skint & scared!

A few people I know are doing the CD & it's really working for them. I'm really interested & I've never been so motivated to lose weight hearing their success. But I have 2 problems.

1. I can't afford it right now. I have to pay a big bill by mid-September & all my funds are going into that at the moment. I know people say you'd spend more money on food... I really don't. For just me it'd be £10 a week max.

2. I'm scared! I have a bit of a 'thing' when it comes to meeting new people & the thought of going to someone's house & meeting someone new to talk about weight gives me a panic attack!

I know you can't buy CD products online, but is there anything similar? I see a lot of meal replacement soups, shakes, bars from various sites, are these pretty much the same??? I know they're not much cheaper, but it would remove my fear of needing to meet a CDC.

& regarding £££... is there anything I can do that's much like CD, to prepare myself for starting, or even get the ball rolling?! I don't want to waste this motivation. I planned on starting 28th July (payday) but I've done my finances for the month of August & it's just not viable. (Though I'm thinking about selling lots of stuff on eBay to counter this... I *need* to do it!)

Advice? Help?

Hi, I can't help you I'm afraid as I've only ever tried CD as a meal replacement diet, so I don't know about other diets such as Slimfast and LL etc. My only suggestion would be that maybe you could try Atkins. It has excellent losses and shouldn't cost you much more to do. They have a very good forum on here, so they may be able to give you some advice. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. Lesley

doing something which is such a change to routine etc is scary. I was very scared when I started CD as I'd never done it and was convinced I couldn't.

I also have social phobia and I was very lucky because my CDC is a good friend of mine. At the end of the day, they want to help you and some will come to your house rather than you going to theirs.

I tried Celebrity Slim (buy online or from the chemist) and lost a stone very slowly. Tried Slimfast and never got past about day 3, mostly because there was still food involved which I couldn't resist adding a bit more etc. For me, CD has given me that complete break with food to help me re-wire my brain and establish a new relationship with it.
I also had the same thoughts on cost. The thing is, I was spending money daily at the shop across the road from work, from the tuck shop etc all 'hidden' spending.

At the end of the day, you are investing in you and whilst CD is going to feel like it's costing more, you aren't spending on takeaways, alcohol, snacks and sweets from the shop and you are worth the investment.

Check out the prices of all your local CDC's, they charge differently as they are all self employed.

If you want to do CD, I would say spend the preparation time upping your water consumption and cutting back on carbs. Also do lots of reading to find out if it is for you.

A friend told me that some GP surgeries are offering 12 weeks Slimming World on prescription so if you feel that's more you, have a word with your doctor to see if they can help.

Hi how about Tony Ferguson at boots?? my friend at work has started seems to work the say as CD.!!

Good luck nothing to b scared about look forward to loosing the lbssss x

Have you looked into exante, I think thats a bit cheaper, you can buy it online for next day delivery. Goodluck whatever you choose

With reagrds to going to see a CDC I really don't think you need worry, as far as I know I think the majority of CDC's if not all of them lost their weight through CD before becomming CDC's so they have been in your situation themselves already, which I find encouraging. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Another one suggesting exante - I'm currently doing it myself! You can order a bumper pack which is £99 for 28 days worth, so basically £25 a week. Same principles as CD I believe, just a bit cheaper.

Perhaps go and have a little look on the exante board on here?

Back