Green Days want to start slimming world but scared Il eat too much!

ingeh

As the title says really! Im a busy mum to two boys (3yrs old and a 21month old) Im on my feet alot with them and try to stay active, plus workout for 30-45mins 3-4days a week with exercise dvds. Im 13st 7lbs now and need to focus on a healthy lifestyle. I need to lose 3 stone at least and I have to start now for my own sanity. I feel so dumpy and big, I hate going out because I feel uncomfortable and heavy in the hot weather.
Iv calorie counted in the past and lost 2 stone then suffered with bad post natal depression and regained it. Im trying to not beat my self up about that but its hard not too! SW sounds great because apart from healthy extras and syns I dont need to worry about amounts and weighing everything. I dont eat meat (rarely eat chicken) so am going to go for green days. Thing is Im worried Il eat too much. I get hungry often if I dont eat big enough meals (iv been eating small meals lately then it leads to snacking because Il have a small bowl of tinned soup for lunch then im starving a few hours later an end up binge eating because my body wants proper food!) Iv got lots of wholemeal pasta and veg/quorn products in so Iv got lots of healthy good ingredients in to start tomorow. I weigh out my pasta as I automatically do that from my calorie counting days, so Il have a normal 75/80g dry portion a meal and bulk out with lots of veg. Im doing this from home as my partner works daynight shifts and I dont have any childcare so cant make groups, Iv got the resources to hand so I should be ok. I mean if I eat 3 meals a day and a snack mid afternoon when hungry I should be fine shouldnt I? Iv got tomorow planned, just need to stick to it and not think of calories!
Plan is
breakfast - 60g porridge with lots of berries (il use my 2 hexb's for the extra amount of oats)
Lunch - mushy pea curry with new potatoes and mixed veg
Dinner - quorn spag bol and 40g mozzarella
snack will be jelly 1.5syns and a cup soup at night 2syns.
Im going to make sure I get at least 5 syns (adding gravy to spag bol mix and maybe a piece of toasted bread with my cup soup for 5 syns)
my second hexa will be milk for tea
I know I should just trust the plan and not think too much but Im so determined to lose this weight, that im over thinking things and worrying too much! Any advice or help to get through my first week will be very helpful!
Thanks girls x

No need to worry, if you follow the plan properly you'll lose! The thing I like the best about SW is that there's always something you can eat, I hated calorie counting as I felt so restricted once I'd reached my limit and then break badly if I was hungry. Now I know there's loads of stuff I can eat whenever.

I did SW a few years back (found it hard to stay on plan as a student when I first did it, much more motivated now) and I did mostly green days as I loved my pasta. On the weeks that I followed the plan, even without weighing the pasta as you plan to, I lost weight.

Good luck with your first week, hope you enjoy it!

thanks for the reply, Im like that too with calorie counting, Il not use my calories wisely then Il be too hungry and eat too much. Fingers crossed this works because Im going to commit fully to this! x

This is the diet for you...you can fill up on big meals and portions i do...just remember that 1/3 of you plate is always superfree food every timr and you will see the weight fall off...good luck

Im in two minds about joining a group on tuesday. Iv got all the info but group would just be support for me. Thing is Iv got the two boys and the partners working nights that day and Id be too nervous taking the kids. Lentil2 - I know the hexb for oats but couldnt eat 70g lol but I think I might do the same as you and use 50g and use 2 syns for the rest
I always add lots of frozen veg to my meals anyway, its just I eat rubbish on top of that and its all added up! Thanks for the support x

If you cant fit group in doent worry there is plenty of support on here feel free to pm me

I know this forum is amazing for support. Im just hoping I stick at this. Im a size 16 at the moment and dont like it at all. Im happiest at a size 12 so thats my first goal for now x

You will get there set small goals and you will feel better each time you move down a size

Why don't you do what I'm doing which is to start off doing SW online and coming on here for support.

In a few months if I start to plateau or struggle I know I can always join a group for the extra support. It's like the secret weapon I'm keeping up my sleeve!

Why don't you do what I'm doing which is to start off doing SW online and coming on here for support.

In a few months if I start to plateau or struggle I know I can always join a group for the extra support. It's like the secret weapon I'm keeping up my sleeve!

To be honest I cant afford to pay out the big lump for online either. Im going to stick to coming here, gonna make a nice new diary here and keep up with all the facebook slimming world groups in with! I can start group if I want in the new year if I still want to (have more money to spare then so could join online if I want instead of group)
Its gone well today, had breakfast and lunch and nice and full

Well done and i agree save the pennies you would spend on class in a pot it will soon mount up

Good luck on your first week. As everyone else has said, the great thing about SW is you can fill up, you don't have to go hungry. but you do have to make different choices in what you eat.

Back