Wanting advise as a newby!

Acrisp

Hi, I am new to SW but have many friends who have followed it and given me advice. I have also got quite a few of the small leaflet books and the free foods hardback cookbook. Hubby is also helping me by following it but he hasnt really got to lose anything, whereas I need to lose 3 stone. I am not really into sweet stuff like cake, biscuits and chocolate but as my name suggests I cant do without crisps in my life! I have been making lasagne crisps and roasted chickpeas, both which I love, but am I allowed to eat as many of these a day as they are both free foods? I prob have about half a can of chickpeas and a couple of lasagne sheets a day if I'm honest. I also snack on chicken legs (all fat removed) and thin ham slices/boiled eggs- is this all ok?

Hi, I am new to SW but have many friends who have followed it and given me advice. I have also got quite a few of the small leaflet books and the free foods hardback cookbook. Hubby is also helping me by following it but he hasnt really got to lose anything, whereas I need to lose 3 stone. I am not really into sweet stuff like cake, biscuits and chocolate but as my name suggests I cant do without crisps in my life! I have been making lasagne crisps and roasted chickpeas, both which I love, but am I allowed to eat as many of these a day as they are both free foods? I prob have about half a can of chickpeas and a couple of lasagne sheets a day if I'm honest. I also snack on chicken legs (all fat removed) and thin ham slices/boiled eggs- is this all ok?
Hey Acrisp,

As a slimming world consultant would say, that's a tweak, it's not following plan correctly as you are not having 1/3 speed food with those free foods.

The way my consultant explained it to me was that we can eat unlimited free food however for it to work for weightloss we need the speed food to help boost it. Also that we need to remember just because it's free it does all have a calorie content and despite SW saying you don't have to count things. A huge bowl of pasta would carry a lot of calories and leave you hungry later. Where as a huge bowl of pasta with some speed foods and protein foods leave you more satisfied.

I have a hubby to be who is definitely not someone who needs to loose weight so I would give him a higher calorie option on his plate compared to myself.

Eg spag and meatballs
My portion today was 5 meatballs in my own pasta sauce with 75g pasta.
He had the same with 120g pasta and some parmasen, along with some garlic bread.

Hopefully that helps.

Bean an Tí

Thanks for reply, I am really happy for any responses, we do have a huge bowl of speed fruit every evening, as well as probably half a plateful of vege at eve meal, i dont just snack!! You seem to be weighing pasta, I thought this wasnt the whole point of SW, or am I missing something? In a normal dinner I would give hubby about a third more than me anyway, as he has a bigger appetite. Maybe i need to join a club online to check what I'm having, we cook from scratch and I prob have about 10 portions of fruit and vege a day currently! I have always cooked from scratch but have added more fruit and vege to my day. We both lost 6lb first week and nothing for the last 5 weeks, it's so frustrating.

Back