Wanting something new

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hi everyone

I have been quiet on here for the past couple of weeks as I felt a bit of a hypocrite, sitting online on a weight loss forum whilst devouring chocolate and cereal bars and extra bread and everything. So I just didn't bother coming here, and then I really forced myself to come here this morning to try and get my mojo back.

Anyway I have been doing Slimming World for 1 year 6 months in total (and I spent 3 months in the middle not really following plan and gained 3 stone). I've been at my current class since April and I've lost like 9lbs or something in total. I know, a loss is a loss, but seriously I'm struggling to see the point now. I lose 3lbs one week, then put it back on over the next 2, then I think WTF is the point? I can't keep on track for one day nevermind a whole week. I start out with the best intentions then I just think sod it, what else can I eat? And I swear I'm constantly hungry, it's not in my head, I can feel my tummy rumbling all the time. It's like free food doesn't cut it anymore. I am so bored of it.

So I have decided to try another plan, and I keep hearing all these good things about Weight Watchers, and on their website it's all "we will teach you how to ignore cravings" etc, and I think that's what I need. A fresh start, something different, because I definitely don't want to stop dieting and go completely off plan and eat whatever I like. I want to lose weight!

Don't know what I want out of posting this to be honest, but just wanted to say I'm confused and not 100% into the plan just now, and I think I need help. What do you guys think of changing plans?

:sigh:

I think its a great idea if thats what will help you get to the weight you want to be.

It will either be a complete revelation for you or it will make you realise what you had with sw and kick start you again.

Good luck and stick with it and keep posting we are all here for the same thing x

Hiya. The first proper diet I ever did was SW, I stuck to it for 10 months and lost over 4 stone. Although it may sound silly, I think a lot of it was the novelty of doing something new. After that I spent a couple of years putting on a stone and losing just a few lbs of it.
Then a friend said try WW, so I did and I again lost the weight I wanted and managed to stick to it, mainly I think I could do it as again it was something new, and I had got bored with SW.
It may be worth swapping if it gets you going again and you can always come back to SW you don't get on with it.
Have a good look at what WW entails and see it it sounds like its for you.
Good luck whatever you decide! x

It's worth a try changing to WW to see if it inspires you.

At the end of the day, it's still just a variation on a theme - reducing the amount of calories we consume.

SW just makes it easier to cope with by introducing the 'free food' concept, which means you don't have to count the calories, and I imagine the WW points system is similarly designed to simplify things.

I know exactly what you mean when you say free food doesn't do it for your hunger. Me neither. What does help (a little) is when I take myself out of the situation where I am liable to eat the wrong things. For example, sitting in front of the TV, or grocery shopping on an empty stomach, or just boredom.

I hope you get your motivation back - maybe you can kick start it by sticking some photos of yourself up around the house, or writing a diary (not just food, but everything) detailing where you want to get to, the plusses & minuses of losing weight and charting your progress. This might help develop a positive mental image of your future self which could drive you on.

Hiya hun sounds like your in a difficult place but at least your addressing it and not just looking the other way.

Why don't you give WW a go..... I lost 5.5st on WW and I totally loved it. Sometimes we need something new to focus on something, to occupy our minds. I found the difference with SW is you are encouraged to cook fresh and that way you keep your syns down, with WW its very easy to spend to many points on a con meal and then be hungry cos you've run out of points.

But I have to tell you I got very excited when I read the title of your post.... my mind was racing..... I was thinking new boots, maybe a new winter season handbag, or perhaps a new perfume..... I think perhaps its just me :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good luck with what you decide hun love an embarrassed Piglet xx

I'd say try WW. Something new might be just what you need. As previous posters have said you can always change back to SW if it doesn't suit. Re: teaching you how to beat your cravings - I did WW for four months last year and they didn't touch on that, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Maybe it was only my C, I don't know. Good luck! X

Thanks for all your advice guys. I went along to my usual SW WI tonight and lost 2lbs, no idea how. My mum and I are going to go along to a WW class and get the books and follow it for a week and see what its like. And next week at SW I'm going sit in on the newbie talk and maybe get some mojo from the newcomers :)

I have a lot on just now which could be to blame re my cravings and boredom with the plan!

Bit late in posting as it appears you've decided on a plan.

Just wanted to say good luck and hope you get some mojo back

Get stuck in :D

Back