Warburtons thins - Brown?

jayde1148

Gold Member
Can one of these be a healthy extra? I love them do would use 5 syns on them but would be great if they are a hex

Last edited:
Afraid not hun - brown bread is nutritionally no better than white :(

Really! Gosh it's amazing no matter how much you diet and go on sites like this you learn something new every day! I assumed brown was like wholemeal. Won't make that mistake again, thanks :)

No they are very different hun. Brown bread is just the same as white only the flour has not been bleached. :(

hmm that's sort of true, there is the bleaching process, but brown bread tends to be better for you it just depends to what degree. There are strict rules and regs surrounding bread. Wholemeal bread must contain the whole grain where as brown can contain just a proportion of the grain and/or a blend of white and brown flour. To achieve the white flour for white bread most of the husk/fibre must be removed to give its white appearance the bleaching just brightens the 'whiteness'.

Personally I would pick brown over white to have the benefit of the added fibre however minimal it may be :eek:) Also the proportion of husk included also gives additional vitamins and minerals but like I said this depends on how brown the bread is.

With regards to HEx its likely that the squares do not have enough fibre in them to be classed as a Hex as these are intended to fill us up.

Back