warning about synning own brands

lou*belle

hi there
i bought some tesco mint penguins and did a random search for penguin syns which came out at 5.5

i looked at the calories (habit lol) and noticed that they had 136 each.

checking this on the snackulator thingy it comes up with a value of 7 syns :eek:

just to be aware that not all brands will be synned the same , even though the book says you can !!

Thank you for the warning !!!! Noted.

thats alot of syns for a penguin biscuit!!!

hi there
i bought some tesco mint penguins and did a random search for penguin syns which came out at 5.5

i looked at the calories (habit lol) and noticed that they had 136 each.

checking this on the snackulator thingy it comes up with a value of 7 syns :eek:

just to be aware that not all brands will be synned the same , even though the book says you can !!

Sorry, could you clarify this? Not sure what you mean when you say "the book says you can"? Can what?

(I haven't been doing SW all that long, so I am a bit confused about some things.)

Sorry, could you clarify this? Not sure what you mean when you say "the book says you can"? Can what?

(I haven't been doing SW all that long, so I am a bit confused about some things.)

the book says (page 35)
syn values listed here are averages for everyday foods . syn values for some brands will differ , but using our averages won't affect our weight loss.

hope that helps !

yep you should always check syns if unsure, especially for things that are snack items like, crisps, chocolate, biscuits, cakes, icecream etc.

You also do not need to worry about using the syn calculator for these, so can easily work out how many syns before buying by using the 20 calories=1 syn rule, because these types of foods have no free food allowance.

Back