Warning: Food talk inside. Kitchen Supply shops for Jam/Jelly/Canning supplies?

I thought you had the big hairy ones in the US, lol or is that only what the movies would have us believe ?

Jez
xx

Let Mother Nature have em I say!

So whats on the cooking agenda for this week, or are you still on packs for a bit?

Jez
xx

I have decided to go another week on packs. I want a bit more of a buffer zone. :) So one more, and will reassess at the weekend. :)

So more cooking for others. Hubby was distrraught all the cakes are leaving in the morining to work, so 'spect I will make a batch for him. He had one and loved it. :)

Lol, he sounds like a very deserving hubby! I am really in the mood to make a whole batch of soups for when I can eat them, but sadly not enough freezer space:(

Jez
xx

How did your colleagues like the cakes? I bet they adored them... and has the spider resurfaced yet?

Jez
xx

Hey Jez - they were happy campers! And they are all gone! PHEW! :d

Mr SPider is somewhere - just not sure WHERE!!! LOL

Great loss for you this week!!! :) WELL DONE!!!

xx

Yup, really happy with it, each day is a day closer to GOAL!!!

Will be very proud on the day I can say that I am finally there.

Have some supplies in for Cherry Jam and am going to make a batch of blueberry and apple spiced relish for Xmas time. When do your jars arrive?

Jez
xx

You will be there in NO time! HOW EXCITING!!! YOu must be pleased as punch!

Jars should come today or tomorrow, as well as all my cool chinese ingredients!

Orange marmalade is the first on my list, as hubby loves it, and it sounds nice and simple and pretty much a sure thing. Will then get more adventurous.

Going to try and do a bit of berry picking this weekend, and SB gave me some lovely baking apples to play with.

SO yay! Life IS good!! :)

xx

Marmalade for gifts.
I add scotch whisky to some of mine - stir it in just after pouring the hot marmalade into the hot jars. Gives it a kick and makes it special.
I also make grapefruit and lemon marmalade and put Limoncello in that one. Need to use pectin though otherwise you have trouble getting it to set.
One of each makes a great gift and looks pretty.
I always leavesome plain for people who don't like alcohol.
Happy:D playing.

Sounds yummy SB!

My jars and chinese ingredients cam etoday! :bliss:

MAN - have I got A LOT of sesame seeds - both white and black - for a fraction of what they cost in the shops!1 BRILL!!!

And Star Annise to las a lifetime!!!

Some great sauces, and jars ready to fill - so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

My jars and chinese ingredients cam etoday! :bliss:

MAN - have I got A LOT of sesame seeds - both white and black - for a fraction of what they cost in the shops!1 BRILL!!!

And Star Annise to las a lifetime!!!

Some great sauces, and jars ready to fill - so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I am looking ofrward to being more creative in the kitchen for myself!

BL - where did you get the ingredients from?

Ta xx

OOOh Ta BL. Looks a fab place to get all things eastern.

oh will defo have to go and have a shop :0)
my book for sourdough came today , sooo exited , its rediculous lol going to enjoy curling up and having a good read :0)

I am dying to know about your breadmaking hun! There is nothing as lovely as the smell of fresh bread, baking in the oven :)

Have invited a friend who's mom is visiting over for tea on Sunday, so am going to make scones with clotted cream and home made strawberry jam, a victoria sponge with the home made blackberry jam, and some lovely little tea sandwiches!! woohoo am dying to bake a cake... can't wait to see their faces when they eat it.

Jez
xx

They'll be there in your spic and span home, eating the lovely tea. Sounds fabulous Jez. You''ll have to take some pics of the cakes like BL did.
:superwoman:

Back