wat shops and what sizes

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by missy3, 20 September 2008 Social URL.

1. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Just wondering if any1 knew what shops go up to wat sizes.. ive never really broadened my horrizons in regards to shopping as i just assume everywhere is a skinny size shop.
    And help would be appreciated as i want to avoid embarresment thinking everyones looking at me going into a shop were nuthin fits.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rachelh

rachelh is loving the soup?!

Dorothy Perkins goes to 20 or 22. Supermarkets generally stock to about a 24, Next does up to 22 or 24 but a lot of the time you have to order it. Topshop goes up to 16 in most things. M&S goes up to 28ish. That's all I know for sure!

4. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    new look 26
    monsoon 22

5. madhousemum

madhousemum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    gap goes upto a 14

6. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

I went into Gap the other day and they didn't have any jeans bigger than a size 8!!!

7. bakedbeanleg

bakedbeanleg fat fighter!

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(11.34%)
    Diet:
    various & gym!!
    i know what you mean about the funny looks! the weight-loss has been a real eye-opener as before when i was a size 22-24 i only really shopped in evans, matalan (roger&rogers) and new look inspire range! nothing really fit and it used to get me down so much not finding "posh" clothes for do's and weddings etc (everythin always seems so casual for larger sizes i think..)

its fab now, i think im a comfortable 18 in most shops, and can pretty much shop most places (except top shop, miss selfridge..) and since i now go into other shops, most have bloody expanded their size range since i last been in them anyways and do all the sizes i didnt think they did! M&S the ******* started doing 24's!

8. liberty_girl

liberty_girl Peace Love Happiness

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Missy you might also want to look online, I do loads of shopping there because I can't be doing with shop assistants most of the time and I hate fitting rooms. Most sites give their measurements for each size and returning stuff is dead easy. xxx

9. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes
    Hey, primark usually goes to 18 but their sizes can be quite loose. Asda's pretty good too for larger sizes and actually do some lovely stuff. The stuff I've bought from there have washed well and lasted. Dunnes is another. The obvious are New Look's Inspire range (which is quite nice!) and Evans. My problem is that I'm a bargain hunter and hate spending too much on clothes, especially at this size cus i feel everything's just going to look keek anyway, so I go to the cheaper shops. There's an A/Wear in forestside that does some bigger sizes but not in all their things. I got me some size 16 stretchy wide legs jeans in August which I wear to death but are now getting too big for me! YAY!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

10. rachelh

Is it just me or are larger sized clothes ill-fitting anyway? When I was a 22 I couldn't find anything to fit unless it was baggy because it seemed to be the wrong shape. It's like they just take a size 10 and make it equally bigger all over, so it ends up not looking like a human being at all!

11. liberty_girl

liberty_girl Peace Love Happiness

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)

yeah, I think it's the fashion world's revenge on overweight women :'( clothes they design always seem to look better in smaller sizes

12. munkypooh

munkypooh Warning-Contains Nuts

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Once you get into the bigger sizes body shape needs taking into consideration even more, because people don't always get bigger in the same places. It would help to have 'Size 20 apple' and 'Size 20 Pear' etc.

Even when I was a size 8 (many years ago!) I couldn't get knee high boots to go around my calves.

13. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Rachel, that is so true. Trinny and Susannah did a show about bigger sizes and how awful they all were and what bigger women wanted. Not sure any of it sunk into to size 8 buyers of bigger size shops even though they were there on the programme and shown but, hey ho, to can drag a horse to water but you can't make it drink!!!!! Why do so many big size tops have to be cut with a seam across the boobs that makes you look gigantic when one under the boobs gives you a much nicer shape!

x

14. rachelh

so true! That drives me mad!

15. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Thanx for replies.. couldnt get online til now.. i'll have to explore some of these other shops :) cant wait to be thinnnn xx

16. tracy2421

tracy2421 Full Member

hi as blackrose says asda do a great range and really cheap as well,

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.