Watch out for bored/bewildered family members!

I identify... didn't tell anyone at first except OH & kids, who had to know really. The kids (teens) thought it was very odd & started calling my CDC my 'dealer' as she delivered small packages in a secretive manner & money changed hands... lol! The name stuck (haven't told her!!!).

Gradually I told some friends, most supportive but one very mean/angry about it, she ended our friendship three weeks ago because of something my OH had done (had a coffee with her ex, his friend, while on a business call...????). A mutual friend said; 'It's very sad, she just can't stand you being slim.' But my best pals, who all live quite far away, have been fantastically supportive and lovely.

I think my OH gets fed up sometimes but has had the patience of a saint overall... he is the main cook & is a bit sad I won't eat his creations! But he is proud of me, though he loves me big or small. But he can see I am so much happier with myself now and also that tackling the binge demons was something I HAD to do for my sanity. Have discussed CD with any friend tolerant enough to listen too... going over & over it helps get it clearer in your mind!

I think getting a bit obsessed helps us to stay focussed and so succeed. I can see its not just me, others on the forums are verging on the evangelical too... seriously, if I had to fill in a form with my religion right now I would be tempted to put CD! I think that's GOOD. We will gradually calm down and let go of the obsession when going up the steps, I hope!

Well done on the jeans honey... and great thread!

xxx

I've been thinking again about this. Something else that struck me is how so many people seem so different after weight loss and I don't just mean physically. Even after 2 weeks and with no obvious change to my appearance, I feel happier, healthier and full of energy. I am a better mother and a better wifey. I never realised how much my mood and attitude affected the entire family. The kids are better behaved and h2b seems happier.

Something h2b once told me, a good few months ago now, was that he worried that a slimmer, happier and. if he was honest, a sexier me would go out and find myself another man. He said everything is 'comfortable' when I'm big. Not because I couldn't get another man, but because he knew I'd never have the confidence to go looking for one. This might sound harsh to all of you, but we were together very young, had children quickly and I think its always been in the back of both our minds that the other is only in the relationship because of the kids.

Anyway, enough ramblings about my personal life, what I am trying to say is that when our partners see us change so suddenly and so drastically, it must really shake them up and maybe even scare them a little too. They see the comfortable, dowdy and shy housewife become a happy, energetic go-getter. Right before their eyes we transform into something new- surely it makes sense for them to doubt, even just for a second, their place in our new lives.

So if all that makes sense (damn me trying to explain something so early in a morning)- every now and again take 10 minutes out from your CD rambling to give your hubby or partner a kiss, a cuddle and tell them just how much you still love them. Maybe thats all they wanna hear?!?

When Istarted I was going to keep it quiet, but the results were so dramatic in the first few months that I couldnt. My colleagues are fascinated by it. I am getting used to it now and dont go on about it as much but they are always asking me. Yesterday I told one that I had crossed the next stone barrier and she asked how many that was, I hadnt looked at it that way before, but it is 9!!! made me feel good.

Back