WATER ADVICE PLZ

lilly05

Still baffeld about the water how much is the least- most water we should be drinking a day and for example if its 1ltr is that including shakes

I always drink a 2ltr bottle of water as a minimum. I buy Tesco value water at 12p a bottle. It reassures me I'm drinking enough. That's on top of the water for your shakes.

Minimum 4 pints plus your shakes.

:7834: :7834: :7834: Water is the key to a great weight loss, healthy bodily functions, a great habit to take up during and after LT so try and embrace it.

Wats 4 pnts in liters? Whats max you can drink

There isnt really a max limit. 4pints is 2litres. That is the bare minimum you have to drink.

I manage 4 litres a day - the more the better. Just aslong as you are speading it out evenly throughout the day and not gulping it all within a couple of hours.

The condition that occurs is called water intoxication. It can cause another condition called hyponatremia,. It occurs when the amount of liquid you are ingesting dilutes the liquids in your body and your sodium levels drop to a dangerously low level.

"Drinking excess water in the absence of dietary sodium results in hyponatremia, an overdilution of sodium in the blood plasma, which in turn causes an osmotic shift of water from the blood plasma into brain cells. The brain cells swell as result of osmotic pressure, and will ultimately cease to function.Healthy kidneys are able to excrete approximately 1 liter per hour of fluid however stress (from prolonged physical exertion), as well as disease states, can greatly reduce this amount."

Very tecnical I know. From what I can see, as long as we are spreading it out over the day, we should be ok. I work in a GP suregery, so Im going to check my bloods in a couple of weeks and see if has had any effect on my kidneys.

Back