Water intake.

what the hell. u know what annoys me... my pharmacist doesnt know even half of this. everything i know about LT comes from this site!... i was told that 2 litres is plenty!.. :( im not happy..

I kinda thought ya got the measurements wrong.....if we drank 9 litres a day we would all be hanging pee bags on us.....anyways all the best, im ova and out, heading to work, gudnite everyone!!

I drank barely 2litres a day last time around and had 2 cups of coffee a day too. I still managed 2st in 6wks.....

I hate water though and would increase the amount of water in my shakes instead.

Doing the same this time around so im hoping for the same results this time - plus more!x

im sticking to 2 litres.. i feel fantastic.. and i have lost 2st and a bit too... in 8 weeks.. so im happy with that. i dont believe in the whole more you drink more you shrink thing anyway!... well done to those who can drink loadsa water coz it is good for u but i think 2 litres is ample :)

well done shivers.. on your weight loss

Hey FatBrideTo Be,

If you'd like some more info (just because you said your pharmacist didn't give much info), have a look at this video. You can get it from your pharmacist for a 10 pound deposit, or just click on the link and enjoy... It's easy to understand and straight from LT :)
Lipotrim Video

i've been worrying i'm drinking too much ..then too little. peeing all day long.roll on my first weigh in on sat/sun to prove its working ..oh hi by the way x

Found it... this is from lipotrim...

In addition to the water used to mix your diet, it is recommended that you drink 6 - 8 pints (4 - 5 litres) of water each day. The foods we would normally eat are made up of large amounts of water so you will not be getting an adequate amount of water unless you purposefully drink it. Drinking should be frequent throughout the day - not all at once. A glass of water before and after a Lipotrim serving is also recommended.

You can continue with your normal caffeine beverages as long as you take them without milk and sugar. Tablet sweeteners are allowed if necessary and these beverages do count as part of your daily water intake.

In some rare situations an excess of water intake can lead to a condition called Severe Hyponatraemia (a patient drinking 20 pints a day) it is highly recommended that all members read the content of the following website for more information on this topic.

Can you give me a link as I would need to correct the above if it is on our forum as the information is wrong.

" In addiction to the water used to mix your diet, you must drink at least four pints of water each day - drink more if possible. See your carrier bag for information on how to make up the Lipotrim formula and for the list of permitted drinks. The foods we normally eat are made up of large amount of water. You will not be getting an adequate amount of water unless you purposefully drink it. It is advisable to drink a glass of water before and after each Lipotrim serving. Drinking should be frequent throughout the day, not all at once."

I emailed Lipotrim around this time last year and I recieved back this email from them below.

Be careful. There is some dangerous nonsense in the chat rooms. Usually 3 litres is fine, but not more than 4
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:50 AM
Subject: Question How Much Water?
I have a question concerning how much water is recommended while on the Lipotrim Pharmacy Programme.
The minimum is 4 pints (2.5 litres) and how much more water would it be safe to take on top of this.
Thanking you

Last edited:
Hi Miss Unknown,

In response to your concern about the effetcs of excessive water intake, I know for a fact from elemantary school biology that 9 litres of water spread throughout the day is healthy for a child's body. Adults can take considerably more, here's an article from a health mag I thought you may find interesting.

P.S: The woman who died drunk a huge amount of water in practically no time...

Drinking too much water can be dangerous and has proven fatal. This may come as a surprise to dieters or to athletes who are told to be certain to get adequate fluids. The condition caused by drinking too much water is called water intoxication. It can have several possible effects, which can quickly cause an emergency medical situation.
While most people are safe drinking six to eight glasses of water a day, dieters or athletes may try to get an extra edge by drinking more. Especially high performance athletes like marathon runners may over-drink. This can result in an imbalance of the body’s electrolytes. Too much water can quickly deplete electrolytes like sodium compounds.
Rapid intake of too much water floods the inside of cells when sodium is depleted. This sodium depletion, called hyponatremia, can rupture the cells, either from extra pressure on the cells from without, or from pressure within flooded cells. As cells rupture in various parts of the body, certain symptoms emerge with rapidity. Severe vomiting and nausea are common. Headache may occur as the brain swells. A person may be confused or disoriented.
Symptoms progress and may include seizures, and coma. Untreated cases can and have resulted in death. The hazing incident in Chico, California that caused the death of Michael Carrington in 2005 was the direct result of drinking too much water. As well, Carrington was forced to perform exercises in a very cold basement. His death was noted as heart failure from water intoxication.
Runners have also collapsed by drinking too much water quickly. Some sports drinks replace electrolytes as they replace fluids. Yet not all drinks marketed as “sports drinks” are equivalent. Generally, a doctor will be able to tell one which drinks are the best when one is competing in sports. As well runners are now advised to drink when thirsty, instead of getting ahead of thirst. This helps reduce fluid intake to needed amounts in many cases, though most electrolyte replacing drinks are still better choices than water, which might be consumed in excess amounts to satisfy thirst.
Generally too much water is defined as water consumed above what the kidneys can process in an hour. Extremely healthy kidneys would be able to process about 30 ounces (approx .9 liters) of water in an hour. A person with kidney problems or with only one kidney should drink much less, as per doctor’s instructions.
The person with healthy kidneys could develop water intoxication by drinking about 2 to 3 times what the kidneys can process. For a person with kidney problems or with one kidney, too much water might be defined as just an ounce or two over the recommended amounts.
For people with healthy kidneys it should be perfectly safe to drink two cups of water an hour, and for the dieter, even one cup an hour will fulfill requirements for getting plenty of water. However, drinking too much water in rapid succession can prove fatal and should definitely be avoided.

Hi Slimmer09,

In regards to your article I have honestly never read such a load of rubbish in my life and would really like to know what magazine ya got this from.

After studying for four years as a nurse and currently studying at the moment to be a doctor I can honestly say ive never been told along the lines that a child should drink up to 9 litres of water day is absolute rubbish!! Children should be drinking milk to strength their bones not water!

Where does it say on the LT site that ya have to drink 9 litres of water? The average person is recommended to drink 2.5 litres to 4 litres a day however if ya exercise ya lose water so ya have to drink more to cover the water that ya have lost. Surely ya should know if ya are exercising ya would lose water via sweating therefore drink more.

Anyways to anyone that is new please consult your doctor regarding all diets and water intake as well. I can only advise but I certainly wouldnt send someone in the wrong direction. I have consulted on this with my partner who is a consultant doctor and he says the same that I have and I am sure every doctor will tell ya the same too!! Obviously the pharmacist that is telling ya to drink 9 litres a day is off his/her rocker. If anyone drinks more than they should then do so at your own risk.....

Miss Unknown,

I really do not see the need to be abusive, I simply found an article and copied and pasted. If you read my post it says I'm drinking 6 ltr of water a day, not 9.

Mini has now laid the matter to rest so no need for any more hostile messages.

Thanks.

I drank barely 2litres a day last time around and had 2 cups of coffee a day too. I still managed 2st in 6wks.....

I hate water though and would increase the amount of water in my shakes instead.

Doing the same this time around so im hoping for the same results this time - plus more!x

If ya drink tea and coffee as well on top then ya are probably getting the same amount hun, good for ya!!

No probs, FatBrideToBe - glad to be helpful ;-)

I notice that you're on a LT break, are you on maintenance during the break or just eating normally (but senisbly, of course)? I ask because I'll have to take a 2 week break around March to go for a wedding and I'm worried about how I'll handle that... Any tips and hints would be awesome!! xx

Miss Unknown,

I really do not see the need to be abusive, I simply found an article and copied and pasted. If you read my post it says I'm drinking 6 ltr of water a day, not 9.

Thanks.

Slimmer09

I have certainly not being abusive at all towards you and I am not that sort of person. I was only letting people know the proper information regarding consuming water, this is what this thread is all about after all. I also contacted mini for her input so I am glad that she has made put your mind at rest as I couldnt!! Obviously other people have been worried also regarding the information given as they have emailed me privately. From my own perspective I think its really important to send out the proper information when especially if it concerns your health!!!
However if you think that I was being abusive towards you it certainly wasnt my intentions, all the best on your weight loss journey, take care

Miss Unknown,

Thanks.

Thank you for the links I have removed the thread and also the link to the other information.

Slimmer09

I have certainly not being abusive at all towards you and I am not that sort of person. I was only letting people know the proper information regarding consuming water, this is what this thread is all about after all. I also contacted mini for her input so I am glad that she has made put your mind at rest as I couldnt!! Obviously other people have been worried also regarding the information given as they have emailed me privately. From my own perspective I think its really important to send out the proper information when especially if it concerns your health!!!
However if you think that I was being abusive towards you it certainly wasnt my intentions, all the best on your weight loss journey, take care

Thank you both for your input and it is obvious both of you are passionate about this diet and want to help others.

At times posts can be taken the wrong way as the written word can come across sometimes not the way intended ...and I would be grateful if you both can put this behind you now and move forward.

The water debate is one that crops up time and again and is of great concern to all who are on a vlcd as it does get very confusing with all the different information that is out there.

That is why I emailed Lipotrim to see if they had changed their guidelines.

Love Mini xxx

I think this is best but I will stress again that what I said was never meant to be vindictive or abusive in any way at all. I have come across a quite a few patients in the hospital who have died while consuming too much water while being on a diet so I was really remarking to everyone that you shouldnt consume as much otherwise ya will damage your health. I seriously think people should be made more aware of this to prevent it in the future!! Anyways let us put it behind us it was never a debate in my eyes.

Slimmer09 - I wish ya all the success on your journey and gud luck with your weight loss.

Hey Kered,

I'm 5'3, just an inch shorter than you :) Which means we should be going for approximately the same target weight, woop woop!! Gonna be great for support...
How much do you plan on losing at the moment? :D

I would like to get to anything under 10stone, but once I get there, I might go for a further stone. I guess it depends how we feel at the weight, and I am hoping I feel okay at just under 10 stone.
What sort of weight are you gaining for?

guys,
i was told to drink 2-3 ltrs a day. i think if you can handle more then do so. if you cannot at least make sure you get the 2ltrs down you to keep you hydrated. i am on day 4 now and i have lost 5lbs, i have been drinking 3ltrs a day. so going pretty well. 11 stone 13lbs now :) whoo. just need to get to 9stone. very do-able! x

Hi Lyns

I am nearly finished my first litre already, but I have been up since 04:40 for work, plus I have my 3rd cup of tea at my side.
I drank just under 3 litres yesterday, but then I also had 3 cups of tea/coffee, so I think its adequate.

Well done on your loss up to now.

Back