Water really is the key!

Melanie_x

size 8 skinnies ..yesss!
Hello everyone, well after a struggle the last week or so with my water intake, I got weighed today only to find out I only lost 4.7lbs ....a little gutted but the weeks before I have been glugging down the water, so just wanted to point out that its really important to keep the water coming as hard as it is, otherwise you end up a little dissapointed like me ....here's to a week of drowning in water :bliss:
xx

I wish i shared the same enthusiasm, i struggle to drink the minimum requirements :( but i try my hardest... i think today i about nearly 3 litres, but thats a miricle, i never drink much more than 2 :(

Its so true, I have been trying to drink between 4-5 litres and day, its hard, but it does work x

I can't believe that you are disappointed with 4.7lbs!:eek: I would be over the moon to lose that in a week-I haven't lost much more than that in nearly a month this month.

Thanks for the reminder...I am going to be extra water focused today!!!! PS 4.7lbs is still good loss!

thats a super loss hun but yes to glugging the water!!!
Keep getting it down!
keep a bottle of water with you, and keep swigging out of it as every opportunity!!
xx

I'm trying harder with water this week too. Normally 3.5-4 but I want to hit 5 consistently. 1.5 down already this morning!

Hey guys ... sorry i should of pointed out I lost 4.7lbs in two weeks thats why i was dissapointed as I have been losing that in a week since I started !! :)

Right now I would kill to lose that even over 2 weeks. My losses are almost at the backward stage at the moment!

Know what you mean about backward losses! LOL:cry:

I'm doing 810 at the moment after dropping down to shift a few lbs. Been having approx 4 ltrs a day. Except saturdays when i always seem to struggle?!

Is it still important to drink your allowance even when moving up from SS? will it still help?

Seems to have got eaiser now to drink the water must have got used to it!

Nearly 5 pounds in 2 weeks IS good. Over a month that would be over 10 pounds lets say

Its swings & roundabouts the weightloss..ive gone from a 2 pound a week loss....to a stay the same!!! to a 6 pound loss...mad!

Think 4.5lbs is great loss! Whilst I agree water is really important I think one should be careful not to drink too much either. I still remember the story of the woman in the news that drank so much water (albeit allegedly in one go) she died. Don't mean to put a dampner on this advice but think we need to be conscious that too much water is also not good as not having enough water.

I did Atkins a while ago and its the same with the water. It was explained in his book that when you are in ketosis you have to flush out the ketones otherwise they stay in the body and your body stops producing more until you have got rid of the ones still there, therefore, fat loss isn't as much. Water helps to flush out the ketones, to dilute them and thus pass them out in your urine. Don't know if this is scientifically correct but sounds reasonable to me.

Back