Water Tablets?

Daisy1966

Gold Member
Hi are we allowed to use water tablets to avoid totm weight gain??

Hi Daisy, not sure on that one. Maybe you can ask your pharmacist. I've not heard of anyone else taking them.
Emma x

Hi Daisy, I think the idea with water retention is that if the body is full of salt or dehydrated it tends to retain water (and naturally if someone suffers from certain medical conditions). So by drinking lots of water on LT this should not happen (I've retained water for the first 10 days, all well since). I think you need to speak to someone before you take them so that you don't harm yourself.

Take care.

Hi Daisy
I spoke to a pharmacist yesterday about using the herbal aquaban
He was very much against it for general use,i got permission to use it occasionally only as my body is not coping with the amount of water i am drinking at the moment and i am retaining water,he did say though if it continues he wants my doctor to do tests for kidney function etc as he thinks the fact i was drinking 4ltrs was ideal and shouldn't be a problem yet my nurse who i see for my lipotrim said i was taking in too much hence the retention,its a tricky one really,i would speak to your lipotrim advisor or your doctor.x

It is common for women to retain water around totm even on Lipotrim.

Lipotrim TFR will itself cause water loss...

Any artificial diuretics added to the diet could seriously deplete your potassium balance and cause dizziness, weakness and fatigue. For this reason, medication having a diuretic effect should not be taken concurrently with the Cambridge Diet except with the approval of a doctor.

The above information is taken from Dr. Alan N Howard's book, 20th anniversary edition of The Cambridge Diet.

Definitely consult your own Doctor before taking water tablets or any diuretics whilst on TFR.

It is common for women to retain water around totm even on Lipotrim.

Lipotrim TFR will itself cause water loss...

The above information is taken from Dr. Alan N Howard's book, 20th anniversary edition of The Cambridge Diet.

Definitely consult your own Doctor before taking water tablets or any diuretics whilst on TFR.

Yes my pharmacist mentioned this when i discussed using them occasionally,it really is something you need to be advised upon by your own G.P personally as we are all different,the mad thing is actually i am usually very bad at retaining around TOTM and yet its that time begun again today i haven't bloated at all and haven't felt the need to touch the water tablets either which is great.x

Back