Water

Jack_D

As well as doing fishy week, i would like to try and increase my water intake - i have found myself a pint glass - How many of these should i be drinking a day......

I think the general rule of thumb is approximate 2 litres of fluid per day. I know it was said that this should be water and any other fluid would be extra but I think SW count all fluid as one.
Personally I drink a litre and a half of sparkling water a day and coffee is extra.
There are just over 2 pints in a litre so it would mean you having approx 4 pint glasses a day.

I have a 500ml bottle I put my water in, and aim for 5 of thos a day, so about 2.5l

This is the official line from the SW website:

Q: Will drinking plenty of water improve my weight loss?

A: Contrary to popular belief, drinking water doesn’t magically speed up weight loss or increase your metabolic rate. Feelings of thirst, however, are often mistaken for feelings of hunger so drinking a glass of water rather than a packet of crisps can allay that feeling (of course, with Food Optimising, you can reach for some Free Food or count Syns without worrying about adding inches!). Water also keeps you hydrated and lubricated, so it’s important to include around 6-8 glasses or 1½-2 litres of fluids a day (that includes low calorie squash, juices, tea and coffee.)

Back