Water

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Right ....

I've got my wi tomorrow at the docs (I'm sure your all aware of my moaning and nerves lol).

Now I'm wondering bc I know how much our bodies can fluctuate of drinking loads of water tonight and before i go to "flush my system out" and avoid any water weight!

What you think?! X

I'm on the fence with this hun, as I know not drinking enough can make you bloat and thus make you heavier, but then holding water can make you heavier...so I think it's catch 22... ;)

Found this on the Internet -

Water and Weight Loss

Water is the number one most important thing to address when it comes to losing weight, because water actually increases your body's ability to metabolize fat. Here's how:

Your liver is the organ that deals with metabolizing fat, and your kidneys deal with straining the toxins out of the water you drink. However, if you do not have enough water in your system already, your kidneys will not be able to do their job. In this case, your body shifts some of the work over to your liver.

We all know what happens when we are working on a project and someone comes over and dumps their half-finished work on the pile; our project doesn't get the attention it needs. Same here. Your liver was dealing with fat, but now it has to do that AND deal with the extra filtering that the kidneys would normally do. So the efficiency of the liver is compromised, and it winds up leaving a lt of fat in your body that normally would have been burned away.

The idea that drinking too much water or a certain temperature of water will make you bloat is a myth. Your body bloats when it is dehydrated because it believes that you aren't going to give it enough water, so it will save what is already there. The ONLY way to deal with bloating is to drink more water. Bloating is a sure sign that you are dehydrated.

It may be inconvenient at first because you will have to pee more often, but the reason that you are running to the bathroom is actually great; your body is finally letting go of all the old, toxic water that its been holding onto. The water that you are drinking is usually not the first water that you excrete after being dehydrated. Now your body knows that you will be replacing the water, so it isn't panicking and storing it, it is letting go to make room for the fresh, clean water you are sending in. After a few days or a week, the bathroom trips will slow down and your body will get into a great rhythm, which includes reduced appetite, more luminous complexion, and better muscle tone, as well as a more efficient metabolism.
Actually, yes. Water itself can't make you lose weight, but it can make you feel full so you eat less food. If you want to lose weight, though, do not drink it while eating a meal because it expands the stomach, allowing you to eat more. Just by itself, though, you can fool your stomach into thinking you have eaten by drinking water. (Please eat though or you will die.)

.. Also, if you drink 8-10 glasses a day, it will help. Not only is it helpful and beneficial to your body, but it will make you urinate more. When you urinate, it cleans out you system.
Okay..
Water is just a method to people to eliminate from the daily nutrition all the sodas because the sodas do collaborate a lot for people to gain weight (because they have a lot of sugar, and the sugar transforms into carbohydrates, and thats what makes people get "fat").
Yes, drinking water does help you loose weight, but eat well and try new things after or before eating. Sometimes when you eat then you exercise well going through puberty, you loose more weight. You also have to remember that everyone is still growing even after they are adults.
Well your body needs water to live and it can get you to loose about 5 pounds. But too much water can kill you. Its almost like drowning you, just inside your body.
Definitely -
Helps to carry waste and toxins out of the system.
Fully hydrated cells function better with more efficiency.
Water helps to carry the fat out of the fat cells so it can be burned for energy.
All our organs function better when fully hydrated including our brains.

This is really good information and I drink before 3-5 litres of water a day, I don't bloat because I'm constantly flushing through, but I have retained water at times...so that would make me heavier, I was nearly half a stone heavier at one point last week, then the following day it just vanished...

;)

I'm really trying to increase my water intake I mean a few weeks back I rarely drank Water only usually when I went gym - I was a diet coke addict :(

But I've cut the diet coke and have increased squash! Just hoping and praying for a miracle tomorrow lol xx

also and this coming from a diet coke addict, diet coke does not hydrate u in fact it dehydatres you so you still get that extra strain on the liver even though your drinking. Hence when i have my bloods done i always get a slightly deranged liver function test result and the first thin the g.p always asks is are we still on the diet coke then. Really must try harder but its so addictive!

Fizzy drinks are not good for your joints either, you don't have to drink alcohol to get gout...fizzy drinks raises your urate levels..

Back