Water

Hi ive been on s&s nearly 4weeks now i think ''young baby'' so baby head lose count. My skin is shocking so dry im tring to drink water but just forget im so busy with the baby, I drink at least 4mugs pepermint tea but water struggling feel like my skin is rough and ready to fall off. Getting me really down proberly dosnt help getting only 2hours max sleep at moment with baby my partner works away mon-fri and isnt much help at bedtime as he sleeps through her crys, Just trying to stay positive as want to complete the 12weeks. xx

Sounds like you are having a really hard time of it. I think that it's important that you put your needs first sometimes. If your partner is away during the week then he is getting a good night's sleep at that time. Explain to him how you are feeling and that you really need help on the weekends. Wake him up when the baby crys on a weekend and let him deal with the situation.

Your water is very important. Not just for your health and skin (which is important enough!) but also because the process by which your liver breaks down the fat in your body requires water in order to work. If you don't drink enough water you will be limiting your body's ability to break down fat - which isn't really the idea!

Also, you might want to think about moisturising - not just your face but also your body. Again, this is a way of looking after yourself. It will help with your dry skin and will also help your skin to shrink back as you lose weight.

I know it's hard with a new baby. Don't take everything on yourself. Ask for help if you need it. Also, remember that in looking after yourself you are ensuring that you are happier and healthier and able to be there for your partner and child. Good luck with your journey!

Weasy is so right! Sticking to the packs is important but the water is crucial too.

I think the best advice I got was to drink a pint of water with every pack. That way you are getting enough water and it fills you up. I don't count tea/coffee in my water intake though.

I do think you should explain to your partner that the weekend is your chance to get some well deserved sleep. He needs to do his fair share of the late nights. If he doesn't hear her then wake him up!

I hope you are feeling a bit better!

Jem xxx

Sounds like you are having a really hard time of it. I think that it's important that you put your needs first sometimes. If your partner is away during the week then he is getting a good night's sleep at that time. Explain to him how you are feeling and that you really need help on the weekends. Wake him up when the baby crys on a weekend and let him deal with the situation.

Your water is very important. Not just for your health and skin (which is important enough!) but also because the process by which your liver breaks down the fat in your body requires water in order to work. If you don't drink enough water you will be limiting your body's ability to break down fat - which isn't really the idea!

Also, you might want to think about moisturising - not just your face but also your body. Again, this is a way of looking after yourself. It will help with your dry skin and will also help your skin to shrink back as you lose weight.

I know it's hard with a new baby. Don't take everything on yourself. Ask for help if you need it. Also, remember that in looking after yourself you are ensuring that you are happier and healthier and able to be there for your partner and child. Good luck with your journey!

How old is the baby?

You sound exhausted if I was your friend/partner/relative I would be inclined to advice you not to carry on with this diet and to healthy eat real food instead. Sounds like you need the calories.

Hi sorry for late reply guys, baby is 7months and ive woke to her every night since she was born, I had a c-section and i still got up every time, I am exhusted my partner says its this diet but its not because im less exchusted if thats possible since starting this than before when eating food. Ive just made a point of drinking a pint of water after reading this as ive been up since 7am and hadnt had a drink until just now. Im such a ligh sleeper that ive asked him to take the baby to his mums with himself ''she has stacks of rooms'' on a friday eveing so i get one night a week hoping it starts next friday :) xx think im on week 6 now not sure what ive lost as i didnt want to be weighed but i can get in two pairs of jeans i couldnt before i started :) xx

I'm glad to hear that yu are still doing well on the diet and that you should get a good night's sleep soon! Look afte yourself hun xx

Back