Step 1 Sole Source Water...

MrsP

Ok so really struggling to get enough water down me! Will I lose slower because I'm not drinking as much?! Answers please folks! Xxxx

You won't necessarily lose less but you risk making yourself unwell, as ketosis is quite dehydrating. If I don't drink enough I find my kidneys ache and I get horrendous headaches.

Remember it doesn't have to be just water that you drink. Tea and coffee count too, as does extra water added to shakes.

Thanks lovely, will try abd drink more! I have dranl bout 5 glasses of water, I always make shakes to 12oz anyway, also had 3 green teas! X

Hi

I have struggled with drinking all the water last week.
I usually drink 8 pints a day but was only managing 6.
I have been weighed today and have lost 3lb where as previous weeks I have lost 5lbs. Not sure if its cos of having less water or just a coincidence xx

Just a coincidence. People try to blame all sorts of things for not losing as much weight in one week as others (not enough water, having bars, doing exercise, having TOTM, not being well, not having as much sleep, being stressed...). But the truth is, you can't pin it on any one of those things - you'll never know if you were right. :)

Some weeks you lose more than others for no apparent reason. Best not to drive yourself nuts working out what might be the reason and focus on the bigger picture - that there's no faster way of losing weight than on a VLCD so long as you're doing it by the book. Which it sounds like you are. :)

Congratulations on your 3lbs off! :clap:

Lily, your such s wonderful person! You are so knowledgable! Just giving out some love to you!

Going to keep drinking as much as I can but not get swamped with the feeling of must drink gallons! Lol xxx

Lily, you are so right. It's best not to focus on the little things and look at the bigger picture.
Thank you for your advice.
Onward and upward xx

Back