Water

Fat&FedUp

Does it make any difference to your weightloss on SW like it does on CD?

I have no idea - I ait drunk a lot of water lately and I aint lost weight :/ but Ill be bakc on it next week!?

I'm on the south beach diet, which is similar (from what i understand) to SW red days. I find drinking 2-3litres a day helps with losses.

Yes it does. Your body needs water to flush out the fat your loosing. A lady at my class doesn't lose as well if she doesn't drink water and everyone agreed that it's important.

the week i tried drinking 2 litres of water every day plus diet fizzy drinks on top of that - i lost 1lb!!! my consultant said it makes no difference to your loss, as long as you drink the recommended intake of fluids. i have to agree with her - it makes no difference to my loss.

To be honest it doesn't to mine either. I drink plently of diet coke so get enough fluid. I think if I was dehydrated I would know about it by now as I have been drinking just d.coke for years. I think if you genenerally drink hardly anything during the day, then increasing your fluid intake could help.

I drink 1l of flavoured sparkling water and 2 cups of green tea every day. The green tea DOES help but the only difference switching my diet coke to sparkling water has made is that I don't feel bloated and feel overall more healthy

Im back on the water today and hopefully will help the loss!x

I drink at least 2L water per day, more when exercising. Think it helps with cleansing your system and is also v important to keep your skin hydrated. Also keeps away hunger pains. On WI, I don't drink or eat anything from about 2:30, get weighed at 6:00 in exactly the same clohtes - like a little ritual, if wearing something else suring day, have to change back into WI clothes - oh thinks I am MAD.. However have tested weighing with jeans and my combats and jeans were 1lb heavier..
Not sure what I will do in winter months...
xxxxxxxxxx

Drinking water doesnt flush out fat from your body!

It doesnt make any difference when youre not on a VLCD. If you drink too much you could end up retaining water and gain weight. As Taz said the main benefit is you do feel healthier and less bloated than you do on diet coke etc :)

Eddie if you are MAD then so am I! Ha ha! I wear the same clothes and when my top was just so big it was falling off I made sure that the replacement was as light as possible. I found my WI outfit by getting on and off my scales in different outfits til I found the lightest. Saad I know but it's the little things! I too don't eat or drink after 1pm on WI day!

Back to the water debate, for a long while I ONLY drank DC and occassionally some water but I found that when I did have water I would put weight on cus my body was grabbing it and using it. When I replaced my DC for sparkling water my body was soon rehydrated enough that the water that goes in is replacing what goes out and doesn't retain. Basically it is best to drink the same amount of water regularly but not too much. Too much will dilute the sodium and can make you ill. 1.5-2l is recommended for a healthy diet

I use water if I'm hungry and can't find any free food to munch, so guess it's good in that way.

I agree with the diet coke being bad for teeth - I lived on pepsi max for about 8 years and now paying for it at dentists!!

I still have DC and Pepsi Max but not until after I've had my water and not in the quantities I used to

i only drink water, don't drink tea, coffee or alcohol, i think it makes you feel better, my consultant did say to us the other day not to get too hung up on drinking loads as theres no proof it aids weight loss :rolleyes: x

Taz - when we first got engaged, I used to take my engagment ring off... CrazyChick...

Taz - when we first got engaged, I used to take my engagment ring off... CrazyChick...
I take my wedding and engagement rings off but that's mainly cus I go to karate after WI and I'm not supposed to wear then there

I drink about 3-6 cans of diet coke everyday and my teeth are fine. However, having read all your posts I have decided to alternate each diet coke with water. So I will have one can, then follow it with 1.5l of water and so forth. Then I will try and slowly wean myself off the d.coke. Don't think I could go cold turkey!!

It's surprising actually that when I have DC now it doesn't seem to taste so great. The flavoured sparkling water is much more tasty than coke and I much prefer it now

Back