WATER!!!!!

olivia1987uk

How much is enough and how much is too much? I drink a lot anyway of anything but feel quite bloated with water...hmmmm

about two litres seems to be a good number for most.

i drink more than that but i am doing cd and don't get extra water from food.

If you are doing a ketogenic diet, then you do need 2.25L upwards of fluid as ketosis can make you dehydrated.

If you are doing a nonketogenic diet then 2L is good, but most people can just follow their thirst signals. Also unless a particular plan doesn't allow this, teas, coffee etc can count as your fluid intake :)

I'm just eating healthily and exercising along my own merry way....how much is 8 pints in terms of litres?

8 pints is about 3.8 litres so quite a lot. I've always drank lots of water anyway, so find it easy to drink at least 2 litres a day. I usually drink around 3 litres, but never count as I know I always drink at least two. I don't force it as I think drinking more water than your body needs isn't good for you. Like anything, too much even of something that is good for you, can be bad!

Must admit, I'm bad about drinking water. I have at most two glasses a day. The rest of my fluid intake comes from 2 cans of Sprite Zero or light 7up, and the vast amounts of fruit and vegetables that I eat.

I don't know what it is, but I find drinking water rather unpleasant. Not the taste, it's very refreshing when I'm thirsty, but trying to knock it back and glug down when I'm not thirsty is unpleasant. Makes me feel strangely breathless and uncomfortable. Maybe I'm just weird...

about 4 litres of water would be ideal, just have one cup before during and after each meal, youd be amazed how quickly it adds up...

I actually added mine up the other day out of interest as never do, I just keep 1/2 litre bottles in the fridge and drink those all day (fill them up from the tap, I don't mind tap water). Anyway I actually drank 4 litres! Didn't realise I drank so much, although was quite hot so probably a bit more than normal.

I don't know what it is, but I find drinking water rather unpleasant. Not the taste, it's very refreshing when I'm thirsty, but trying to knock it back and glug down when I'm not thirsty is unpleasant. Makes me feel strangely breathless and uncomfortable. Maybe I'm just weird...

I quite agree with you there Iris, only drink water when your body needs it. If you drink it when you aren't thirsty it can actually be quite bad for you. You can get quite ill from drinking more water than your body needs, although this does need to be an excessive amount!!!

although you say that, is the likelyness of becoming ill due to drinking too much water alot less significant than say coke, pepsi, alcohol,orange fanta etc.....

i think people can only get seriously ill from drinking too much water if
1. they drink like 10 litres in one go or
2. they were seriously dehydrated in the first place.

but dont force yourself to drink it if you really dont want it, youll never stick to it

god im bad at drinking water, i cant imagine drinking 2 litres, i do be going toilet every ten mins when i drank 1 litre but im going to drink as much as i can tomorrow now and see how i get on

god im bad at drinking water, i cant imagine drinking 2 litres, i do be going toilet every ten mins when i drank 1 litre but im going to drink as much as i can tomorrow now and see how i get on

Just try introducing water gradually. And if you really don't like water (like me) try some no added sugar cordial-that's the only way I ever get any water down my neck. But at least I'm trying...

I quite agree with you there Iris, only drink water when your body needs it. If you drink it when you aren't thirsty it can actually be quite bad for you. You can get quite ill from drinking more water than your body needs, although this does need to be an excessive amount!!!

I'll use that as an excuse next time anyone tells me to drink more water! :p

I already run to the loo far too many times a day (and night!) if I drank 2 litres of water I'd basically have to strap a portaloo to my back in order to efficiently function as a member of the human race.

Think it's the amount of fruit and veg (and jelly!) that I eat... major culprits. Still, I've adventurously upped my water level to 2 glasses a day. I know, living on the edge. I figure with 2 cans of Sprite Zero, that's 1.5 litres of fluid. The daily 3lbs of fruit and veg should cover the rest!

Must admit, I'm bad about drinking water. I have at most two glasses a day. The rest of my fluid intake comes from 2 cans of Sprite Zero or light 7up, and the vast amounts of fruit and vegetables that I eat.

I know exactly what you mean - I find it very difficult :(

Please please no one drink 4 litres of water a day unless your on a meal replacement diet. Over drinking can be dangerous.

The body has a very complex but wonderful fluid regulatory system.

As I said before, unless you are on a ketogenic diet which is naturally dehydrating, don't stress about it. If you need more water, you will be thirsty.

Also (as mentioned before), teas and coffees count. In fact any fluid counts :clap:

There's really no need to try and force water down yourselves. It's just not necessary.

Back