*waves* Will be going to dr tomorrow about Orlistat - do you think ill be prescribed?

It is something i have always wondered myself, i have always been told to eat more etc but to be honest i have bigger weight loss then people who do eat more, of course you will loose weight if you dont eat enough but i think basically your body will hold on to it for quite a while and then it will loose slowly, i dunno though i am no expert!
Its certainley not healthy to loose weight that way xx

oh no offence taken. I have been struggling with my weight for well over 2 years now. lost a bit, gained a bit more, lost it again. Always stay at around 12 stone.
I do want a quick fix, who doesnt? But I also KNOW that nothing is every quick when it comes to weight loss.
Its just 2 stone shouldnt take THAT long to lose, I just dont understand why my body doesnt want to lose any weight?

It makes me depressed because I dont feel comfortable and I am so introvert because of my weight its unreal.

I am just at the end of my teather now, which is why I researched this orlistat as my friend told me about it.
I work in the beauty section of boots - so I probs can get hold of it. Just didnt want to do it that way really.

At a guess anorexics are thin because they also purge, they eat very little calories, burn off even more by exercise, so that the body eventually has to use lean muscle to fuel itself.

I totally understand about you wanting to lose weight, but you also have to remember that the closer you are to a healthier weight, the harder to shift pounds it is. And I know you must be sick of this bit, but increase your calories, not by a massive amount, no one is suggesting that, decrease the amount of exercise and the weight will slowly start to come off.
xx

Hi, I'm 21, so not much older than you so maybe a have a bit more understanding, however, I'm a lot bigger than yourself. I put 6 stone on when I had to take steroids and I've not been able to lose that weight. I've also got implant but not had that problem? Why didn't your doctor advise to take it out a lot sooner? I'd join Slimming World/WW, it teaches you to eat healthy and not just a "crash diet". Its worked for a lot of people I know. Hope everything works out

thanks everyone.

Well, I will be going to the docs at some point next week - my friend suggested and underactive thyroid or something - we will see.
Its just ridiculous really, feels like I am going in circles.
Anyway, I will eat more now for 2 weeks or so and update you all on how much I have lost // gained.

thanks for all the advice.
xx

Well, I will be going to the docs at some point next week - my friend suggested and underactive thyroid or something - we will see.

Hiya,

What other symptoms do you have? Or is it only the not losing weight that makes you think you might have an underactive thyroid?

I had mine dx when I was 17 (bloody long time ago lol) so might be able to help you with any questions you have. Though of course I am NOT a Dr, So it is good you are going to see one - Good Luck x

Again i'll have to agree with the other girls post , doctors wont pescribe you with xenical unless you have a realllllllly understanding one but thats unlikely.. but theres tons of other options to consider on this site x hope things work out better for you soon!!

i know i practically ate nothing one week , i go gym every day and i actually only lost 1lb that week.. the next i ate more normally carried on with exercise and lost 5lbs.. it doesnt make sence eat to loose weight but if you do it properly you get the best results x

Back