weakness.....

BREN

destination .... SLIMSVILLE!
Well we are all here for one reason to loose weight. We are doing this for many reasons;

to feel good in our own skin
enjoy wearing clothes again
for improved health
to get pregnant
to be the person we see ourselves as
...................and the list may vary from person to person.

But why do we seem to deviate? If we want it so bad why do we on occasion, frequently etc let ourselves down? Why do we succumb to that voice saying it's ok you can have it.... or a little taste wont do you any harm..... you have done so well go on have a little treat....... you can always start again tomorrow.... again the list goes on.

Well today I had 5 packs instead of 3 and also my low cal meal. It could have been much worse however I dont want it to happen again and know that there are others out there which face this dilema too. For me today it was a combination of stress and reward for doing really well over the past 3 days and also for the little gain of .5kg's from yesterday's deviation.

I am going to question myself before I open the fridge or the cupboard next time and ask myself do I want to be overweight? How bad do I really want to be thin again.

So what are your weakness's? And how are dealing with them?

Bren
X

emotional eating

hi there,
i agree we all have different motivation and all reach a point where enough is enough! but this year it's taken me until nowto get back on track. having said that i struggle to get through the evenings... ( have slipped up a few times this week) i know it's a combination of boredom, loneliness and frustration that makes me slip up! so y do i keep doing it when i feel so bad after? tonight i plan to go out n have a chicken salad and a few vodka diet cokes with a friend but don't want to get home and blow it all completely. i'm going swimming this afternoon to allow for tonights planned break but want to be 100% angelic over the weekend. sorry for going on but i read your post and just had to express how i was feeling. good luck and lets stay on track and remember that rubbish feeling we get when we fall off the wagon!!!
mel x

i'm an all or nothing person, i excel at exams and am rubbish at long term 'course work' (if you get my drift)

i look at the diet and think out of my whole life this is just a short term thing, and my 'best trick' is to tell myself that i had a bacon sandwich this morning (and try to visualise actually eating it) because if you think logically, everything is a memory after it happens - and if i had actually had a bacon sandwich it would be a memory now.... (not sure if this makes ANY sense at all, but it works for me)

I can totally understand these thoughts/feelings. I take the diet an hour/day at a time. If i'm ever tempted i just think that not eating for the last three weeks was a complete waste of time and that very soon i can eat again. The feeling of knowing you have lost and that feeling when people say 'have you lost weight' or other lovely compliments are far better than the guilt and failure feeling i have if I ever go off the plan. In fact yesterday i put some food in my mouth chewed it and just before i swollowed i changed my mind and spat it out - pathetic i know. But i must loose weight and be sexy skinny babe one day. ha ha.
She's in there i just have to starve her out.
Good luck everyone

Well I have been on a road trip for 7 days and today is day 1 again, doing 790. I think though that I might ease into it today and follow a 1200 cal plan. The road trip saw me eat everything and anything! i estimate about 2000 or more cals a day!! so 1200 is a massive improvement and then hopefully about 900 cals tomorrow. Then Sunday back to 790. I will 790 as much as possible tomorrow though.

Hopeful1999 ..... LOL at having to stave her out!

Bren
X

Bren,

You CAN do it. You have been so helpful and supportive on so many other threads it time to support you. This time round sounds like you are making sensible choices and setting yourself up to succeed well done!

We have similar goal dates... lets get this done together!

Lets get our heads in gear and out of the fridge.... finding other ways to feel rewarded and to cheer ourselves up and hopefully that will carry on through maintenance.

I am thinking pedicures, facials, a special treat (new products), nice makeup, a new book.

Can you think of any more pick me ups/ treats that are NOT food or drink related?

Anne-Marie xx

Thanks hun!

OK, lets do this. Today I just became overwhelmed with work that I felt the need to eat after school and really I should have just stuck to my plan.

Afternoons is my weak point and I usually have something to do every afternoon to avoid eating when I shouldn't. Tomorrow is the dentist, so a very good excuse! Wed is my CDC appt and WI so should be good all day then.

Thursday is coffee in the evening with a friend and I will try and take a CD bar with me or just consume lots of g/tea after a coffee.

I do have very achievable goals and tomorrow I am going to try for the whole 790!

Thanks again

Bren
XX

Yeah school over time I hear ya... Haven't taught in over a year and I still have lows at 3pm lol. I never did do breakfast so I allow myself my 2nd shake/soup between 3 and 4 to get through it!

Cheers for the rep.... u know where I am if you need to chat and my hours are completely insane so you might not have to wait on time difference being a factor!
Sounds like you got your next few days straight in your head... well done ... chat soon

AM

AM, thank you.

I am working on today, up now and drinking the first 750 ml before work. I think my plan is achievable today.
shake
plain low fat yoghurt (instead of milk)
porridge
celery sticks
coffee and CD bar
180 cal protein dinner

Hoping for about 804 cals for the day.

Bren
X

And you are still up??

sounds good... go for it... just realised time difference... hows i going?

Back