Wedding in 15 weeks - will the dress do up?!

I continued to feel rubbish yesterday, no idea what was up with me. I ended up having an 810 meal as well as my 3 products (2 mint choc, 1 apple porridge) which I felt guilty about, but this morning I was still 0.5lb lighter than yesterday morning.

So, Day 6 today. I've had some water and 1 shake so far; just about to have my second shake, more water, and then go for a hospital appointment. Tonight I'm thinking about going to dance class for the first time in about a year... quite nervous as I'm fatter and unfitter now, plus I've not tried to dance since my ankle operation so I don't want to irritate it - on the other hand, it'll strengthen it if I build it up gradually and I'm sure it'll all help with the weight loss. Fingers crossed!

Hope u are feeling better today and don't feel guilty about a small meal, its still on plan and better than cake or chocolate! Gd luck at the dance class I am sure once u get back into the swing of things u will never know u left!!! U are doing fab so keep at it!!!

Well, a belated update - first week weigh in was good - 14st 4lbs so total first week loss of 7lbs. Wedding dress goal of 13st was seeming quite achievable if I stuck to SS, but I've been really struggling with it mentally. I didn't struggle at ALL last time, I was straight into it and away. I didn't really have any 'reason' to lose weight last time - I just hit a place in my life where it made sense. I think the fact that this time I *have* to lose weight for my dress means I feel under pressure and slightly resentful.

By a twist of fate, the dress shop called me a few days ago. They had cocked up a number of things with the dress (length, petticoats, laced back!) and needed to send it back to the designer to be altered. Their in-house seamstress has supposedly been panicking about me putting pressure on myself to lose weight (I don't think they've heard of CD as they didn't seem to think I could lose the weight in that time!) and so offered to measure me as I am now, and have the dress made to that size and then altered WHEN I lose weight (as easier to take in than let out!)

I felt that agreeing was a bit like admitting diet failure, but my 3 bridesmaids and OH all told me I was being silly - one BM pointed out that the diet seems to be a source of stress at the moment, and the run up to my wedding should be enjoyable and exciting so I agreed. I went in today and was measured for the bigger dress - I felt a bit sad, but also a HUGE sense of relief. Now, any pound I lose is a bonus, rather than just a pound off the pressure.

As a consequence, and after discussion with my CDC, I have decided to move to Step 3 (1000). I feel that incorporating real food will make this much easier, but also my OH is happier as we can eat proper meals together again as well. I estimate I'll lose about 2lbs a week on on, so I will lose the 18lbs I wanted to lose in 9 weeks. The dress will be arriving in 11 weeks, so ironically I'll probably be slim enough to have fitted in the first dress, but just the lack of pressure is such a relief.

Today I didn't follow the whole 1000 plan as I went food shopping this afternoon, but I had 2 mint choc shakes, some fruit, and 40g cous cous with grilled salmon and green veg. And is was HEAVEN!

Loving 1000 although it's sometimes difficult to remember to eat enough after being on SS. Today I had 2 shakes and a meal, but I must eat more as I didn't eat anything extra for breakfast or lunch, just the shakes.

Tomorrow I'm going to have a 1-egg omelette for breakfast with my shake, and some fruit and yoghurt (I don't have milk in tea so difficult for me to get my milk unless I just drink it). Another shake for lunch, and I have the options of chicken or haddock as my main protein source in the evening.

Back