Wedding In December...advice needed!

JennyD87

Good Morning All!

I am week 3 into my slimming world journey and am trying to slim down as I'm getting married in December...i was looking for advice from anyone who has followed slimming world before their wedding to advise when they went to look for their dress? I ideally would like to lose 3 stone but not sure if i should wait to start looking??

Any advice welcomed :)

I would wait a little, but not too long. How are your losses so far?

Maybe even go and start looking now but explain the them that you are hoping to loose weight and see what they suggest. I got married in August and I had to order my dress by the January before so it does need to be ordered quite a while before... but that might depend on the shop and the designer etc.

To have a full choice you need to order a dress at least 6 months in advance.

In terms of ordering a smaller size, its much easier to take in then try to take out. So be generous with the size you order, as it can be taken in.

Good advice above about mentioning you are losing weight, as dresses with beads for example take longer to alter so you will need to think about when fittings occur ie first one not 2 weeks before wedding.

When I looked with my sister a couple of years ago the store were great with advice. They are very used to brides on diets!

Last edited:
Thanks very much for your advice ladies :) I'm on my third week and lost 8lbs so far :)

I'll ask the store when i go to look then, still not very sure what style i want to go for!

Back