wedding meal

Jonsgirl80

Silver Member
I am getting married soon and I've just been asked to go to the hotel next saturday night and have a (free) meal so we can choose the food.

The problem is it's all gonna be mega carby. I really don't want to knock myself out of ketosis so what do I do??

Tell them you're low carbing and you want to see a low carb menu - you're the one with the spending power, put your foot down! :)

Take a couple of friends and let them do the tasting while having something low carb?

Or let your fiance choose? I'm sure super noodles all round wouldn't be THAT bad? ;)

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptuals! And yeah you're paying..request low carb !

Hmmmmmm

not sure about a low carb menu - my fiance is very supportive but I know he'd draw the line at a low carb wedding feast. :sigh:

You'd be surprised - I "challenged" a chef recently to come up with something low carb and he delivered -

- goats cheese and tomato, with a gorgeous basil oil (instead of a tart)
- roast lamb with a spinach and cheese roulade
- dessert - he made some gorgeous cream concoction with cocoa and splenda especially :)

I think he really enjoyed it, it wasn't a challenge and all of the meals could have carby things added to them to make everyone else happy.

Get your fiance to eat the carby bits and you just have meat and veg?
As with Susie, my nephew is a chef and I asked him for low carb when I went to his restaurant. I was so stuffed I couldn't eat the whole meal. You'd be surprised how savvy most chefs are.

Yep - i also set a challenge to my dinner party chef last month :)

Nibblies - mini chicken skewers, salmon and avocado spoons
Starter - double baked soufle (only a pinch of flour in)
Main- pan fried chicken in a jus, veggies and potatoes for those who wanted them!
Dessert - mini chocolate mouse with raspberry merienge (sp?) roulade (i just had the mousse as a treat - well it was my birthday lol)

Well I think I've managed to sort the evening buffet:

The usual carby rubbish (sandwiches crisps quiche etc) for everybody else, but for me:

Cold meats
chicken skewers
lamb koftas
Chicken drumsticks
spicy prawns

Reckon there should be enough in there to keep me going. What do you think?

Sounds lovely. At my wedding evening do I was so busy meeting and greeting that I didn't get to eat til the end of the night anyway, and the chicken legs were still perfect then. Enjoy your day x

Back