Weddings and carbs!!!

Hi all,

Wow, what an amazing wedding. Didn't Cate look stunning! I wish them all the luck in the world for their future!!

Anyway, reaching out for support from all you lovely and experienced Atkins-ites!, I have been sticking to 3 cups per day of salad, a few dollops of full fat mayo or caesar dressing and 3 to 4 oz of cheese with plenty of meat and fish and eggs. Anyway, my weight loss has only dropped by 1 lb in almost a week! I am wondering if I need to be more strictly counting how many carbs I am having in Induction phase, or does anyone think My body is just adjusting from being on Lighter Life immediately before this?

Also, I made the mistake of having 1 mouthful of cake today and, well, let's just say I don't need psyllium husks today! So I think my body was rejecting, the carb rush!

I am loving this diet, but I just want to do it right! It's not just about the losing weight for me, but I am getting married in Oct and we want to start s family straight after, so I really want to be healthy. Help from anyone HUGELY appreciated! :eek:) xxxxxxx

5 months till my wedding.....eeeeek!

Many people have a little rebound after coming to Atkins from a liquid diet. Losing a pound is actually really good! It should pick up soon after the adjustment is made. Don't panic if you don't lose much this week either. You'll soon get the snowball rolling.

Good luck and congrats on the wedding!

Oooooh and one more thing! I heard a really good saying the other day that I found really inspirational...... "don't sell out your long term goals for short term pleasure! "

Xxxx

Good luck on your wedding Poppy

Re the weight loss, I find it invaluable to do a food diary online - because it's just so easy to have carb creep :)

Hi all,

Wow, what an amazing wedding. Didn't Cate look stunning! I wish them all the luck in the world for their future!!

Anyway, reaching out for support from all you lovely and experienced Atkins-ites!, I have been sticking to 3 cups per day of salad, a few dollops of full fat mayo or caesar dressing and 3 to 4 oz of cheese with plenty of meat and fish and eggs. Anyway, my weight loss has only dropped by 1 lb in almost a week! I am wondering if I need to be more strictly counting how many carbs I am having in Induction phase, or does anyone think My body is just adjusting from being on Lighter Life immediately before this?

Also, I made the mistake of having 1 mouthful of cake today and, well, let's just say I don't need psyllium husks today! So I think my body was rejecting, the carb rush!

I am loving this diet, but I just want to do it right! It's not just about the losing weight for me, but I am getting married in Oct and we want to start s family straight after, so I really want to be healthy. Help from anyone HUGELY appreciated! :eek:) xxxxxxx

My advice - particularly when there is a time limit - is go easy on the 'plenty'. One misunderstanding about Atkins is that you can eat freely of no or low carb foods, and that is not true.

Moderation is essential, as is exercise of some kind, if only walking. Limit cheese severely I would say (sob! I love cheese, myself) and watch out for Atkins and other meal replacements/sugar free goodies.

Lean and green really does work. This is simply the best diet/way of eating there is. But we have to make it work for us as individuals. Some may be able to wolf down the 'safe' grub - most find that this makes them stall or even gain.

Yes it will take a while to adjust from a VLCD but not too long since the carbs on Atkins are way less than on most TFR diets. Be strict about 20g carbs a day - no more - 15g or so should come from green leafy vegetables (include those that have to be cooked - not salad, alone).

How lovely that you will soon be a bride! Good luck x

Last edited:
Back