Weebles Wobble but........

Kimberleyski

Hopefully they don't fall down!

I have lost track of the amount of diarys I have started on here, all VLCD's. So I'm not going to go into all that, I started SW for the first time on 01/08/12. I've done a week and have really enjoyed actually being able to eat. So will try to stick to this diary and write food as well as mumblings.
I have quite a bit to lose, but am not looking at the bigger picture at the moment. I have told myself my only aim on SW is to lose something every week, doesn't matter how much just something.

Weighed in last night on a tuesday. 2.5lbs down. Wasn't a big loss like some people get, but I was on a VLCD before I came to SW and literally went from one to the other. So I don't think that's a bad loss really.

Feel free to comment on food etc. as I've only just started so any advice is welcome!

Food plan for today -

B/Fast - ML, Banana, 2 Alpen light bars

Lunch - Left over homemade Chilli packed with superfree foods, strawberries and apple

Dinner - Chicken Rogan Josh, curried vegetables

Snacks - 2 Quality Street - 2 syns each (not worth it in my opinion but I ate them before I looked up the syns, lesson learnt)!
Large Glass of Rose 250mls - 9 syns

HexA: Milk in Coffee
HexB: 2 Alpen Lights
Syns: 11

Last edited:
A good day yesterday - a little different than planned - have edited yesterdays diary so it is correct. Didn't plan to have that glass of wine, but me and a friend went to the pub and it was a really nice evening so sat outside and wine just seemed right. I really enjoyed it and I was still under syns for the day. I need to get my head around the fact I can have treats and not to feel guilty about it.
Annoyed because I am at work and I forgot my banana :-(

So plan for the day:

Breakfast - 2 Alpen Lights
Lunch - Chicken Mugshot, will eat some cherries and strawberries before to make sure I am getting my superfree. Mullerlight.
Dinner - 2 Sausages (3syns), butternut squash chips, 1 fried egg, 1 tbsp ketchup - 1 syn, Melon for pudding.

Snack - Banana, Light Mini Babybel - 2 1 Quality Street - 2 Curly Wurly - 6 syns

Syns for the day - 14

I'm not sure why I had the quality street or the mini babybel. I already said the quality street weren't worth it yesterday! I'll blame the girls in the office for forcing my arm! Yes that's what they did! :eek:

Last edited:
Yesterday went well I think! Off out for dinner tonight for my OH's birthday, which will be really nice, we don't go out the 2 of us very often as we have an 18month old daughter, but my very lovely auntie has offered to babysit. But I will be sticking to SW as I'm only in my second week, and SW never really makes me feel like I'm missing out anyway. I'm used to Cambridge lol! Now that makes you miss out......

So Plan for today is:

Breakfast - 2 Alpen Light Bars, Banana, Mullerlight
Lunch - Pasta with a homemade tomato sauce packed with superfrees, Strawberries
Dinner - Whatever I choose when we are out but I will make sure I make good choices and have no starter or pudding. Unless there is fruit. That would be nice!
Snack - Apple

Let's see how today goes.......

Hihi and welcome to sw :)
I rejoined bout 4 weeks ago. And only jist gettin motivated. But better to get ya head in gear than plod on!
Im sure u will do great :) i first did sw in 2007 after my 1st son and went from 14s 2lb to 11s 10 then life got in the way!
I have a diary too. From frumpy mummy to yummy mummy.

Will see how u do and here to help :)

Start:: 217lb current:: 215lb...Goal:: 154lb 61lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 20lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday. 40lb by xmas. 61lb by mid march

Thanks ladies. I don't get to come on here really at the weekend, so won't bother to post my meal plans, I was pretty much on plan but think I went over on a couple of things, I just had a real picky weekend, and we were so busy I never really had time to sit down and eat anything properly. So today's plan......

Breakfast - Banana and mullerlight
Lunch - Pasta with tomatoes, courgette, onions garlic and turkey rashers, strawberries
Dinner - Gammon, egg and butternut squash chips with Ketchup (1 syn). Mullerlight, banana and meringue nest (2.5syns)
Snacks - apple, pear, Peach and Curly Wurly (6syns)

Syns - 9.5
HexA - Milk in Coffee
HexB - Nothing :-(

Last edited:
Weigh in tonight! Am not feeling very confident I have to admit! But am going and will stay for group and if it's a bad one just accept it and move on. So Plan for today.....

Breakfast - Mullerlight, Banana
Lunch - Egg and Tuna Salad with salad cream (2 syns)
Dinner - Linda Mc Sausagaes, Butternut Squash Chips, Beans.

Snacks - Crunchie 9syns

Syns - 11
HexA - Milk in coffee
HexB - Nothing :(

Am thinking about doing the scan bran challenge next week, am going to make some cakes out of them, will try when I get home from weigh in, hopefully I like them! It's going to kill 2 birds with one stone if it goes well as I will get cake and using all the scan bran which should hopefully boost a loss.......

Last edited:
Good luck for tonight im sure u be fine :)

Whats the scan bran challenge

Start:: 217lb current:: 214lb...Goal:: 154lb 60lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 19lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday. 40lb by xmas. 61lb by mid march

Good luck for tonight im sure u be fine :)

Whats the scan bran challenge

Start:: 217lb current:: 214lb...Goal:: 154lb 60lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 19lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday. 40lb by xmas. 61lb by mid march

Did you have salad cream in your diary? If so you made me crave it just went to the shop and had some with my tuna lol.

The Scan Bran challenge is 5 scan bran a day as your HexB and you do it every day for a week. Scan Bran is really high in fibre so boosts weight loss. We will see, as people have very mixed opinions on the taste, I haven't tried them yet........

Hahaha i did ooops sorry lol it was light salad cream so not so guilty haha :) is nommy tho mmmm

Start:: 217lb current:: 214lb...Goal:: 154lb 60lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 19lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday 11to go. 40lb by xmas 39 to go. 61lb by mid march 60 to go

Im.not a fan of scan bran but i used to have it like this

Break it up into small peices with couple of muller light i used cherry and put frozen cherries in too and leave in fridge over night so it goes soft

:) not to.mention cake! I might try it next week will lookforward to ur weightloss result lol

Start:: 217lb current:: 214lb...Goal:: 154lb 60lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 19lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday 11to go. 40lb by xmas 39 to go. 61lb by mid march 60 to go

Rubbish I stayed the same this week, didn't think that was going to happen I must admit. I think my body is still protesting after my vlcd......Anyway onwards and upwards!

Officially started my scan bran challenge today, made it into tea bread last night and have eaten some for breakfast. It's pretty filling! But quite nice too.

Plan for the day:

Breakfast - Scan Bran Tea Loaf (4 syns)
Lunch - Egg and Tuna salad, salad cream (2syns), Raspberries and banana
Dinner - Chicken salad, mullerlight with banana

Snacks - Mullerlight

Syns for the day - 6
HexA - Milk in Coffee
HexB - Scan Bran

Planned Syns - 4 for teabread and 2 for salad cream = 6 syns

Last edited:
Hahaha i did ooops sorry lol it was light salad cream so not so guilty haha :) is nommy tho mmmm

I don't think I have had salad cream for years! I had the light one too though. Gonna have it again today with my tuna!

Mmmmm salad cream!! Hey it makes me eat salad so must be good lo
sorry bout ur sts :( but u sound focused so next weeks loss should ve good!! :)

Scan Bran day 1 done and dusted, made another cake last night - this time with a vanilla mullerlight and Vanilla extract. Think I will try the cherry bakewell one tonight if we have a cherry mullerlight in.

It's quite nice to be having the scan bran cake for breakfast as it's really filling, I don't like to have cereal as I want to use my milk for coffee. I don't have time to cook in the morning as I have me and an 18 month old to get ready and drop her off at the childminders before I go to work. Def solves the breakfast issue!
So Plan for today -

Red Day:

Breakfast - Scan Bran Cake
Lunch - Egg Salad, salad cream (2syns), raspberries, melon and pineapple
Dinner - Bolognaise topped with 2 babybels (HexA) with butternut squash chips, Curly Wurly (6syns)

Syns - 8
HexA - Milk in coffee and 2 babybels
HexB - Scan Bram, didn't have the second one.

Last edited:
Probably didn't make a lot of difference but I notice you didn't syn your linda mccartney sausages. They're 1 syn (unless they were the rosemary ones in which case I stand corrected as they are syn free - shame I don't like those ones really!). Looking good otherwise though and don't worry about your sts - probably just your body adjusting to eating again after vlcd's. Good luck for this weeks WI :)

Am thinking I might change today to a red day, does my menu look ok for that? Just then I could have an extra healthies and could have some cheese on my bolognaise.......

How do you make scan bran cake and where'd you buy it? Thanks x

Hi, you buy the scan bran at class, but if you don't go to class apparently you can buy it in holland and barrett and online.

I make the cake all diff ways, last nights I made like this:

Soak 5 scan bran (HexB) in boiling hot water and wait to soften
Drain once soft and mash up
Mix with mullerlight, 2 eggs and a tsp of vanilla extract.
Microwave for about 6 mins.
Eat when cold.

There is a scan bran sticky in the recipe thread too! x

Probably didn't make a lot of difference but I notice you didn't syn your linda mccartney sausages. They're 1 syn (unless they were the rosemary ones in which case I stand corrected as they are syn free - shame I don't like those ones really!). Looking good otherwise though and don't worry about your sts - probably just your body adjusting to eating again after vlcd's. Good luck for this weeks WI :)

Hi they were the Rosemary ones yes, first time I have had them and they were yummy, tasted like stuffing I thought. When I have my next roast dinner I am going to add one to that so it feels like I'm having stuffing. Much better than quorn sausages and free! Whoop.

Back