Week 1 weigh in expectations

Peridot

Peridot
I've just had my first weigh in and lost 7.7lbs. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed as what I've read on this site and blogs made me thing 9lbs+ was pretty standard (and the girl I sat next to lost 9lbs). I'm not one of those who just snuck in on the margins of what's acceptable to join - I have a fair bit to lose and I stuck to the plan religiously (and quite painfully to be honest!) and drank lots of water.

I do lose weight very slowly generally so maybe I'm expecting too much. And I know that it would take me 2 months to lose this on WW or similar.

What do most people lose? I had been going to set my goal at 4st for Foundation but I'm beginning to think this is overly ambitious.

I lost 9lbs my first week. I have about 8 stone to lose altogether. Please don't be disappointed thats a fantastic loss. Everyone loses differently depending on all kinds of factors, exercise, metabolism, hormones, water etc. You have to just keep reminding yourself that there is no way you would have lost that amount on a conventional "diet". Also look at the big picture once the weeks start to add up, look at how much you lose overall not just that one week. I have been following the plan for 8 weeks now and my weekly average loss has been 4lbs a week which would mean a total of 4 stone over the 100 days so it is achievable

Hiya

The main reason that some people (including me!) had mega first week losses is that they tend to have a lot of carb before they start the diet (I know I went on a carb mission the days before I started) and hence most of that loss is sugar and water so take pride in that you have done very well and never compare yourself to others in terms of weightloss as this is all about you and you have done brilliantly.

M.

I really do think that it varies week from week. I did loose loads my first week and others that lost 5lbs the first week have now overtaken me in total loss over the weeks.

Everyone's body is different, and keep remembering how much weight 7.7 lbs is, and how long it would have taken you to loose that on another diet.

Keep on trucking hun, if you stick to the diet it really does work. I'm on week 6 now and I really noticed the difference on all the ladies at WI last night. It is hard, there is no point denying that, but the results are amazing.

Kate x

Well done that is a fab loss, dont forget you aim to lose 1 stone a month so you are well on the way.

I agree that almost 8lbs is a great loss. Most people in my group lost 5 or 6 in their first week. I lost 12 but that was the highest - and like Icemoose suggested - I had eaten out every night that week and ended my initial meeting with a dinner at Pizza Express! Carbohydrate excess! I felt my first carb withdrawals at 10am the following day...

Also - like others have said - the other smaller losers quickly caught up and some passed me en route.

Don't feel disheartened - feel proud of your achievement!;)

im sure u will be a lot chirpier when u total up ur entire loss at ur 4th weigh in. u did really well and will continue to in the weeks to come. xxxxx

Hi Peridot

Somewhere on here is a thread about this very issue. I'll see if I can find it.

You have done REALLY well for week one; as I have mentioned elsewhere, our biggest loser in week one was the lowest by the end so it really does even out. What I have learnt is that, however hard it may be, we really must not compare our losses with others in our group. As everyone says, there are so many variables - not least...those cheeky hormones!

Keep the faith! I've also commented on your blog, which is a great read.

Well done!!! Keep going.

Mrs L xxxxxxxxxxx

I echo all the above & can relate to how you feel (see erly days of blog!) and learned that this is about MY journey, not others. Just hang in there and if in doubt next time you can have a look at 7 1/2 ibs of butter. That is what you've lost. Dont know about you but thats pretty good in my book!

Peridot said:
I've just had my first weigh in and lost 7.7lbs. To be honest, I'm a little disappointed as what I've read on this site and blogs made me thing 9lbs+ was pretty standard (and the girl I sat next to lost 9lbs). I'm not one of those who just snuck in on the margins of what's acceptable to join - I have a fair bit to lose and I stuck to the plan religiously (and quite painfully to be honest!) and drank lots of water.

I do lose weight very slowly generally so maybe I'm expecting too much. And I know that it would take me 2 months to lose this on WW or similar.

What do most people lose? I had been going to set my goal at 4st for Foundation but I'm beginning to think this is overly ambitious.

Hi peridot I subscribe to your post online but only upto 2008 but really enjoyed reading so far if you don't mind me asking how r u doing. Now I too am debating ww or cd bit confused need to lose 4 stones I did ww but fell of wagon b4 Xmas and put on 12ibs confused

1/2 stone loss in week one is great. I only lost 4 pounds week one and 5 pounds week two. Since then it has been painfully slow. I didn't do the whole carb load thing before i started, in fact i was laready dieting, so for me, a small loss was expected.

it is hard not to compare yourself to others, but you just have to accept everyone is different and remember that any other diet would show much different results.

Sometimes i feel that I am paying so much money that I need to see huge losses. But your body doesn't know you are paying for this. it will do what it will do and all you can do is stick to the plan like glue.

Back