Week 13 WI. I need your advice please.

BetsyBotox

Silver Member
Hey beautiful people,

I got weighed in this evening and lost 6lbs. It is my 3 month anniversary tomorrow. Another 3lbs and I'll have lost 7 stone. That is beyond my wildest dreams. Never in a million years did I expect to lose nearly 7 stone in 3 months. I am so so so so grateful to each and every one of you, because without you my life would not be completely changed and wonderful. You're all amazing, inspirational people.

I would really appreciate your advice.

I have set my goal at 12 stone. I think the LT recommended weight is 10 stone 12lbs (not sure about this) I hate the bloody BMI crap, I think it's stupid as we're all different bone structure/ muscle mass/ build etc. Ok, so I'm thinking of lowering my goal weight to 10 stone. You see I've still got the body dismorphia thing going on. I know I'm still a heffalump, I know I've still loads to lose. Some people start LT lighter than I am now, and I've lost nearly 7 stone! By going by how I feel now, I know once I hit 12 stone I'll still feel as if I need to lose more.

Do you think I should lower my goal, or wait until I reach 12 stone before deciding? I'm thinking if I lower it now then I can prepare myself a bit better. I absolutely adore LT. I love the control and don't think I ever want to come off it. Is this just me being frightened of coming off, and trying to delay the inevitable a while longer? Oh I don't know! Any thoughts?

X

I think for a start you are INCREDIBLE!!

Well done hun - what a phenomenal amount to lose!!

Know what you mean about reccommended weight - I'm aiming for the same (we're the same height) and I want to be 12st again.

However, when I was 12st, I would've liked to be smaller?!?!

You sound like you're pretty much decided though - if you want to be smaller and think you'll be more comfortable AND you know you'll get into the right mindset by setting a new target now, I say do it!!

If you think you can leave your target as is and then see how you feel, I'd do that.

Either way - you should be SOOOO proud. Well done again hun (Same height etc - you'll be my inspiration through the LT journey - I'll be watching you x)

Hello darling :) another incredible weight loss well done. 7 stone bloody heck. Babes its up to yourself i got to tell you thou its amazing the difference is wen you get below 11 stone compared to 12 or 13 so i tink maybe aim for 11 then see how you go. Remember you can change your goal wenever you want if you want to aim for 10 then at 11 you feel happy you can stop there is nothing saying you have to keep goin until your goal.

I know wat you mean bout the control but facing the big bad world of food again has to happen at some point. And turning yourself into a skeleton wont help tings wen your back eating. Stop wen you feel comfortable dats wat im gonna do. An remember babes watever you decide we are all behind you its your body your choice. xxxx love ya.

betsy omg your amazing hun, youv achieved so much in such a short space of time,
this is a decision only you can make hun, it toatally depends on how you feel within yourself, if it was me i think i would lower my goal then if i felt ok before reaching it then stop there... i was obsessed with my bmi and "ideal weight" when i was trying to decide what weight should be my goal, but my ideal weight range is something stupid like between 7 stone 12 and 9 st 6.. im aiming for 9 st 7 i no il still be over weight but hey ho lol i thinkit will suit me..
good luck in whatever you decide hun, and whatever you do i know you will get there xxxx

Betsy, Where do I begin? You are absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!! Nearly 7 stone in just 13 weeks-fantastic!:wow:

Personally, I would aim for 11 stone, then see how you feel then. It sounds like you have made your mind up that you no longer want to aim for 12 stone, so I would just see how you feel each week.

When I first started doing LT, I aimed for 14 stone, as I really didn't believe that I could do it! It wasn't until I read everyones losses on here a few weeks in that I decided what I should aim for.

I totally agree about the BMI rubbish, and think it is more important to feel good about yourself than fit into the 'healthy BMI range'.

Hope you can decide!

Clair x

I think for a start you are INCREDIBLE!!

Well done hun - what a phenomenal amount to lose!!

Know what you mean about reccommended weight - I'm aiming for the same (we're the same height) and I want to be 12st again.

However, when I was 12st, I would've liked to be smaller?!?!

You sound like you're pretty much decided though - if you want to be smaller and think you'll be more comfortable AND you know you'll get into the right mindset by setting a new target now, I say do it!!

If you think you can leave your target as is and then see how you feel, I'd do that.

Either way - you should be SOOOO proud. Well done again hun (Same height etc - you'll be my inspiration through the LT journey - I'll be watching you x)

Thank you so much Trixie. Thank God someone understands what I'm on about!

I like you thought I would be happy at 12 stone BUT as you said, when I was last 12 stone I wanted to be smaller! So my thinking was that now that I've found a plan that works for me, why not go the whole way and get to a weight where I know I felt brilliant? Know what I mean?

I soooooo appreciate your thoughts! They were just what I was thinking! Thank you so much for all your kind words and encouragement. It means so much to me, and keeps me going strong!

X

Hello darling :) another incredible weight loss well done. 7 stone bloody heck. Babes its up to yourself i got to tell you thou its amazing the difference is wen you get below 11 stone compared to 12 or 13 so i tink maybe aim for 11 then see how you go. Remember you can change your goal wenever you want if you want to aim for 10 then at 11 you feel happy you can stop there is nothing saying you have to keep goin until your goal.

I know wat you mean bout the control but facing the big bad world of food again has to happen at some point. And turning yourself into a skeleton wont help tings wen your back eating. Stop wen you feel comfortable dats wat im gonna do. An remember babes watever you decide we are all behind you its your body your choice. xxxx love ya.

Hello sweetie pie! You are so right! There is a big different when you get below 11 stone. The difference is being happy and feeling fabulous! I want to feel fabulous as I've never felt fabulous before, and want to feel what it's like.

I'm thinking of changing it to 10 stone, and if I'm happy (or start to look ill) before that then I'll stop eh? Stopping when I feel comfortable is the best advice. Thank you so much for being there for me Anne-Marie. You're such an amazing help to me. Always there with encouraging lovely, heart felt messages. It all means so much, couldn't do without ya sweetie!

Loads of love!

X

betsy omg your amazing hun, youv achieved so much in such a short space of time,
this is a decision only you can make hun, it toatally depends on how you feel within yourself, if it was me i think i would lower my goal then if i felt ok before reaching it then stop there... i was obsessed with my bmi and "ideal weight" when i was trying to decide what weight should be my goal, but my ideal weight range is something stupid like between 7 stone 12 and 9 st 6.. im aiming for 9 st 7 i no il still be over weight but hey ho lol i thinkit will suit me..
good luck in whatever you decide hun, and whatever you do i know you will get there xxxx

Thank you so much Claire! You're also so right! I will do just that - Lower my goal, and if I feel fabulous before then, then I'll stop. I never take any notice of that BMI thing, isn't it a load of rubbish, blah. I think it's how you feel inside, and of course in your clothes that matters. Not some stupid number made up by a load of scientists, docs whatever, with nothing else better to do!

7 stone 12lbs! I'll have lost that one day! You look absolutely perfect as you are now but of course it's how you feel inside. You're so lucky, you have this refeed business well sussed. I'll be looking to you for tips!

X

Hats off to you. If I was losing at the rate you are I'd aim for 11stone too. I'm 5' 8'' but from a family of well built (tall and broad) people so 12st was always my optimum weight. At that I looked about 10 stone to anyone else. You have to be happy with your weight and if you want to lose more then it is up to you. Bear in mind that your losses may slow up and, if so, you may then want to keep to your original goal. Also, you will have to deal with eating food again, so maybe save a stone to lose through healthy eating. It's great that you have so many options. Maybe wait and decide nearer the time. You are doing so well that motivation won't be an issue for you.

Hey betsy would sat lower your goal now so you have a target in mind?? then as you go along and see how you feel stone by stone and then you can decide what weight feels right for you hun!! again 7 stone i am in awe you are amazing!!

Betsy, Where do I begin? You are absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!! Nearly 7 stone in just 13 weeks-fantastic!:wow:

Personally, I would aim for 11 stone, then see how you feel then. It sounds like you have made your mind up that you no longer want to aim for 12 stone, so I would just see how you feel each week.

When I first started doing LT, I aimed for 14 stone, as I really didn't believe that I could do it! It wasn't until I read everyones losses on here a few weeks in that I decided what I should aim for.

I totally agree about the BMI rubbish, and think it is more important to feel good about yourself than fit into the 'healthy BMI range'.

Hope you can decide!

Clair x

Thank you so much Clair! I think I'm going to do just that - Lower my goal, and if I feel as if I've lost enough before I reach it, stop. I had different things in my head, but sometimes you need to hear what other people think. I knew you girls would give me your honest opinions, and help me out! It's so great to be surrounded by people who think like you, and understand what you're going through. Being overweight is so difficult.

I've told everyone I know that when I start to look as if I've lost too much, or start to look ill, to tell me to stop! With me not being able to see the loss as yet I'm a bit scared I may get carried away. I'm lucky as I'm surrounded by people who speak their mind and say what they see without guilt! You know 'Does my bum look big in this?' Reply: 'Well, yes, it's bloody huge!'

Thanks so much Clair, your reply means a lot to me.

X

Hats off to you. If I was losing at the rate you are I'd aim for 11stone too. I'm 5' 8'' but from a family of well built (tall and broad) people so 12st was always my optimum weight. At that I looked about 10 stone to anyone else. You have to be happy with your weight and if you want to lose more then it is up to you. Bear in mind that your losses may slow up and, if so, you may then want to keep to your original goal. Also, you will have to deal with eating food again, so maybe save a stone to lose through healthy eating. It's great that you have so many options. Maybe wait and decide nearer the time. You are doing so well that motivation won't be an issue for you.

Thanks so much Molly! I honestly wouldn't mind my losses slowing down! That gives my skin more time to tone, and let's me have longer on LT!

I am not big boned. I am just fat! I have quite a small frame beneath the bulk (well from what I can remember!) I just know when I get to 12 stone I'll still not be happy. I think I'm going to take advice and lower it, and if I feel as if I've lost enough before then, I'll refeed.

I have my whole household healthy eating since starting LT. There are no naughty foods and drink allowed in this house. All of the family has become fit and healthy, it's great! It's all great preparation for me coming off. Hopefully *touch wood* I'll find it as easy to adjust to a healthy lifestyle as they have!

X

Hey betsy would sat lower your goal now so you have a target in mind?? then as you go along and see how you feel stone by stone and then you can decide what weight feels right for you hun!! again 7 stone i am in awe you are amazing!!

Thanks so much Yummy Mummy! That's exactly what I'm going to do. I don't know what I would do without all you! I'm going to lower it to 10 stone, but I'll most probably be happier before I get there. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever be happy with my weight! I've got problems that need to be sorted soon. Wish I could see what everyone else sees.

Thank you for you lovely words sweetie. You're such a great encouragement to me. I so appreciate it

X

6lbs is amazing & 7 stone! Wow!!! :)

I was aiming for 12 stone too initially as it was around the lightest I'd got to before, so it was the only reference point I had & I remember looking at photos after I'd put the weight on & wondering how I could have thought I was still massive at that point. Well over a month before getting to the 12 stone I realised I'd want to lose more, but decided to carry on, then do it stone by stone until I'm happy :) Just because it's nice to actually be able to say that I've reached my initial goal! Well, that's the plan anyway, obviously with recent events I can't comment on how well that's working, heh. I'm sure you'll know when you're where you want to be! Though I do think there is an element of body dismorphia at play with a lot of us, especially with such rapid weight-loss, it's hard to take it in, isn't it? Today I went into Topshop for the first time in years & even though I ended up buying the coat I'd seen online & fallen in love with in a size 14, I still felt absurdly awkward trying it on in the shop because I felt like an impostor, so I think you need to keep that in mind when you're calling yourself a heffalump!!

Hannah

Hey Betsy Brilliant!!!!! lol fantastic losses (am jealous! lol) I'm aiming for 12st but have a long way to go yet. I hope to lose another 2 stone by Xmas and then do the final 2-3 stone on WW or SW. When I get to 12stone then I will see if I can maintain it there before going lower. According to all the "charts" I should be under 9st but I doubt that I will ever get there - too many people will say that I look too gaunt and ill (friends and family said that the last time I was at 12stone!!).

Whatever you decided to do and whatever weight you end up at Betsy you will be absolutely fabulous and gorgeous :D :D :D

hey hun, well done on another fab loss. ur doing so great ull be at target before u know it.

think id set my goal at 11stone as youd be in a healthy range then. when u get there if ur still not happy keep going for a few more weeks.
im 11st 6lbs and 2inches shorter than u and i feel pretty thin now. obviously every1s body is different but id just wait and see.

best of luck hun, know ull do it. and thx for the continued support.

x x

All i can add is :hug99: your a :superwoman:
10 ..11..12... only you can decide you will get people saying dont loose anymore stop your thin enough ..
whatever its still your body and you fought the battle you choose this time :D:sign0151:

debz xx

Back