Week 16 weigh in: Weight Gain? WTF!!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LizzMB, 8 August 2009 Social URL.

1. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I managed to do SS 100%.....and put on 1lb this week!

I'm flumoxed!

Have no idea why, but i'm p*ssed off like you'd not believe!

My CDC said its water, not fat, but still!!! I just dont get it!

Going on SS+ for a week to see if that makes any difference.....

Anyone else had any gains on CD WITHOUT cheating???

Not going to stop the diet becuase of this, but its gone against all my expectations and knoced me a bit....but hay ho, it was never going to be an easy journey!

Hope everyone else is having a better day than i am!

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chickenpie

chickenpie Cambridge Diet Councellor

Don't stress, the body does retain water from time to time, it is only natural, still annoying I know, but hey at least its not fat. Have you tried taking your measurements? Some weeks you may not show a loss on the scales but you will still have lost inches! If you have lost weight every week for 15 weeks then you are doing extremely well, so a lb of water is nothing. Carry on the plan and next week you will see a much better loss- I promise!

4. bmthsue

bmthsue Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had my wk 16 weigh in this morning too and I've stayed the same for the first time and I have to confess I was really disappointed by it, so I know how you're feeling. Try not to be too focussed on the gain and think about the amazing loss you'll have next week because you've stuck to CD so well. Well done on your amazing journey so far and good luck for the coming week!

5. devilishandsweet

devilishandsweet 100% all the way!

Start Weight:
    26st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    That's a bit annoying!x Bless ya, but like others have said it MUST be water......it'll come of in the next couple of weeks! x

6. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    well i was told if your retaining water to up the water you drink alittle to flush the extra out.
    more exercise and constipation can also cause the scales to stall abit

and your body does take some time out to adjust so after 16 weeks of the weight dropping off it could simply have a taken a little pause to catch up with whats happening

7. baby_callalillies

baby_callalillies Full Member

Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Diet:
    CD(2009)Slim & Save 28 Feb 2012
    Yep, Ive had that happen and i've sts when ive been 100%!

I was told my metabolism had stalled and i need to go up to SS+ with food to boost it....got it working just fine again.

good luck
    xxxxxxxxxx

8. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    thanks ladies....i wish it was that i'm not drinking enough water, i drink about 4-6l a day! lol

looking forward to my SS+ week as i'm missing balsamic vinegar (Oddly!!) so fingers crossed for next weeks weigh in! and i was so hopeful to lose my 5 and a half stone this week :(
    xx

9. sbridge7

sbridge7 Silver Member

Diet:
    Maintenance after CD
    Hey,
    You should be incredibly pleased with the amount you've lost in such a short time. You've lost over 5 stone in four months, rather than the average 1 stone per month. You're bound to be losing inches too!!

10. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey Lizz,
    Just wanted to say hang in there hon.. You have done incredibly well your losses every week have been fab and your overall loss is amazing.. It will come off next week for sure hon.. Sometimes our bodies do weird things and there is no reason for it.. Its obviously water you are carrying as it definately wont be fat...
    Keep smiling hon you are a real inspiration..
    love Marissa xxx

11. minxie

minxie One day at a time!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.76%)
    Diet:
    Low carbs
    Can't offer any suggestions but just wanted to say how impressive your total loss is, well done. And your ability to stay SS 100% is incredible - I have to confess to struggles on a regular basis now. My fingers are crossed for you for a big loss next week!

12. helenfrompoole

helenfrompoole Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(31.94%)
    Diet:
    CD
    YES! i gained 2 lbs 2 weeks ago week 8, i honestly had not cheated and was really angry!! i was due on my period and i had not been drinking as much as usuall- the following week i lost 11.5 lbs so try not to let it get you down! x

13. DizzyFlowers

DizzyFlowers Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.51%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Think of the inches! xx

14. fatfighter

fatfighter wannabe yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.94%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I once gained a pound when I'd SS'ed 100%. I was so upset I cried but then the next week I lost 9lbs so it all evened out in the end. I'm sure the same will happen for you too.

15. Claudine004

Claudine004 Oh Yea!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

Well done on the loss so far, I bet you look and feel great!

Eating again will help your body to start losing again. And in addition to that you will have a great loss next week I'm sure.

You have the right attitude, keep going and everything will be O.K.

It is frustrating though isn't it? The body will sort itself out in the end.

All the best!

16. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    After my STS in week 3 I had my CDC do my measurements last wi, so if I do have another STS or gain then I have something else to look at. If they go up I will be WTF! Measurements are often a better indicator than just the scales especially for us ladies!

17. MissPinky

MissPinky Shrinky Pinky!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet - maintenance
    Totally sympathise with how you're feeling Lizz - have had a dodgy week myself, my first week on 810. Almost a kilo gain which fortunately dropped off on weigh in day (water!) and I stayed the same weight as last week. Same measurements as last week too.

Then today, (1 day on from weigh in) I felt bloaty first thing and found I've gained again :mad: – I'm drinking sufficient water and sticking to plan... so I'm concluding it's water retention for whatever reason. I went into panic mode :)eek:) and vowed 'I'm going back on SS+' and then talked myself out of it and then back into it again... until half an hour ago when I decided I'll stick with 810 and give my body a chance to reprieve itself. It's played nice for 12 weeks so I'm going to let it have a tantrum for 1 week, simply to stop myself getting wound up about it anymore.

You've done so-o-o-o-o well so far - I'm rooting for you to have some loss again next week, and will keep everything crossed for you! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.