week 2 day 3 struggling help

stew444

Hey all

I have stuck to this like glue and in my first week (sat to sat) I went from 24st 8lbs to 23st 4.5 lbs which is great.

However from Sat to Mon I have just stayed the same weight and I am struggling with it all.

I do Jiu Jitsu and feel like I have no energy, I feel very tired and hungry and I am almost unable to stomach the flapjack or shakes any more. I am drinking loads of water but it does not seem to help.

Sorry to sound like i am moaning but I am struggling.

Hey babe,

Maybe you are doing too much with the Jiu Jitsu? I know you probably love this sport and its a big part of your life, but can you put it on hold for a little while until you get more energy back??

You only have one life - and LT is such a small part of it. A few months on LT can bring you to a healthier BMI and that will ADD YEARS ON TO YOUR LIFE.

If you give up now - what weight will you be by christmas 2008, and christmas 2009? It is so easy to put on a stone in a year.... Im sure you dont want to get any bigger and when you loose your weight you will be so healthy and so full of energy you will kick ass big time in Jiu Jitsu!

Take some time out - focus on your weight loss and I am sure your energy levels will pick up in a week or 2 and you probably will feel ready to go back to Jiu Jitsu in no time.

Life can only get better on LT. But you should listen to your body and if you need to take it easy for a wee while then thats a small price to pay for the rewards that this diet will give you in return.

You have got the first 2 weeks over you. I know for me once I got week 3 nailed I hardly ever had a bad day. Remember it takes 21 days to break a bad habit and form a new habit... a lot of what you are feeling could be your mind and body fighting you not getting comfort and energy from the food and crap you used to eat. You havent got much longer to go to get into week 3 - just stick with it!!!

IT IS WORTH IT AND YOU ARE WORTH IT AND LIFE WILL BE SOOOO MUCH BETTER AS A RESULT!

Good luck...
julzie xoxox

I se what you are saying and you are spot on I do not want to get bigger as I used to b super fit. It just feels like the fun goes out of life.

Is there anything you could advise with the flapjacks to make them more palitable or do I just suck it up and get on with it.

It just seems the fod cravings are really bad at the moment.

stick with it i used to have a bit of flapjack and a mouth full of water but i went back to the shakes for a while. I drink them through a straw find it easier. You are doing really well i`m sure you will be fine.

Have you tried toasting the flap jacks??? They are def 100000 times nicer toasted!

I bet week 3 and onwards the food cravings will go! You got this far - keep going! xoxo YOU CAN DO IT!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

feel for you, i struggled early on too, you prob need to rest a bit.

i used to teach Jiu- Jitsu when i was younger (and fitter) and i know how physical it is. try and just go to class once a week to keep you fresh, but take a break for a few weeks till you settle down. also take water and keep hydrated during the class.

you could try what the athletes do - and go through moves in your head in a kind of medative state on your days off.

chill and relax and let LT melt away your fat, you will feel great in no time at all.

Wow I am glad that I found this place as I was beginning to think about giving it all up.

Do you grill them or just stick them in a toaster as anything that makes them better is brilliant, and how long a blast do you give them.

I am drinking alot which is good I just do not want to compromise everything as my social life has taken a dive :) so I do not want to stop my classes.

The hunger thing both physical and mental is the worst at the moment.

Hey - this place really is great - everyone gets a lot of inspiration and motivation from here!

I just stick mine in the toaster - I find I like them better when they are a little bit burnt? lol And the smell of them toasting is soooooo nice?! Weird but true!

You could even try having half a flapjack and half a shake? Make it more of a meal for yourself.

You will be so cool with this diet soon stew - u came this far and once your head stops thinking about food then life will get easier.

In the first few weeks I had to fight the hunger and my head as well. Here are some things I did which helped me to calm down and feel centred and focused:-

1. Walking - if you live near a park, or a river - it is much better to walk in a place of natural beauty. This has such a calming effect and you will feel great.

2. Bath - having a bath is definitely a big help when you are struggling.

3. Clothes Shopping?! - When you get to goal im sure you will want to look your best - so why not surf the net for some cool clothes websites - and imagine yourself wearing clothes in your new slim body?

4. Motivational & personal development CDs - There are loads of great personal development CDs out there - check out ebay or amazon under audio books. I listen to these all the time and it keeps me so focused and you will also get great advice about how to keep a calm and positive energy around you. If you are interested in some good titles let me know. But I def highly recommend.

5. Favourite Music: If you got some favoruite tunes when you feel like you are struggling just pump up the volume and have a wee boogie! Works a treat for me! :D

Good luck!
xoxoxoxx

Hey babe,

Maybe you are doing too much with the Jiu Jitsu? I know you probably love this sport and its a big part of your life, but can you put it on hold for a little while until you get more energy back??

You only have one life - and LT is such a small part of it. A few months on LT can bring you to a healthier BMI and that will ADD YEARS ON TO YOUR LIFE.

If you give up now - what weight will you be by christmas 2008, and christmas 2009? It is so easy to put on a stone in a year.... Im sure you dont want to get any bigger and when you loose your weight you will be so healthy and so full of energy you will kick ass big time in Jiu Jitsu!

Take some time out - focus on your weight loss and I am sure your energy levels will pick up in a week or 2 and you probably will feel ready to go back to Jiu Jitsu in no time.

Life can only get better on LT. But you should listen to your body and if you need to take it easy for a wee while then thats a small price to pay for the rewards that this diet will give you in return.

You have got the first 2 weeks over you. I know for me once I got week 3 nailed I hardly ever had a bad day. Remember it takes 21 days to break a bad habit and form a new habit... a lot of what you are feeling could be your mind and body fighting you not getting comfort and energy from the food and crap you used to eat. You havent got much longer to go to get into week 3 - just stick with it!!!

IT IS WORTH IT AND YOU ARE WORTH IT AND LIFE WILL BE SOOOO MUCH BETTER AS A RESULT!

Good luck...
julzie xoxox

^^^^

What the wee mad sexy one said - stick with it Stew - you owe it to yourself !

wee mad sexy one!

^^^^

What the wee mad sexy one said - stick with it Stew - you owe it to yourself !

thats the best compliment anyone could ever give me :D thanks howdy babe! lol xox

I will try the toaster trick and see where I go tonight if this cracks it I will be delighted.

I do admit the soup is not too bad, but I guess I have also spoiled myself with years of good dining :)

Hi Stew,

Julz advice is always top notch!

Hang in there because you will get to the stage where I am. I am totally disconnected from food and rarely feel hungry. My sister is amazed by it and keeps telling me so. This evening I hepled make tea for 8 children and also made my bro-in-law a chili and it didn't bother me at all. I know I should have my last shake but don't feel hungry. I do, however enjoy my meals. I start with a vanilla shake with coffee as a latte, have a flapjack for "lunch" although it is usually late afternoon and a strawberry shake for tea.

It does get easier but you must remember you are taking in many fewer calories than before so don't expect to be able to do too much too soon.

Good luck hun.

x

Back