Week 2 Weigh In

Ali

Hi All,

Hope you are all doing well? I have been off as it's been half term and have been non stop since last Saturday really!

Anyway had my second week weigh in on Wednesday night and only lost 2.5 pounds, I was a little bit disappointed as I really wanted to lose the 5 pounds to get to a stone in two weeks but it's 11.5 pounds in 2 weeks and what other diet lets you do that!!!

I have been suffering a bit with old toilet trouble plus I tested on a Ketostix and it was really dark she said I wasn't drinking enough! I think as I have been off work I haven't really drunk enough plus I have been painting/decorating a lot at home so lots more exercise and I havent been drinking to compensate so I drunk loads yesterday and I am going to keep going with that habit for the next week as she said I will get a big loss if I stick to that! And I took something for the toilet troubles and now feel much better!

How much does everyone drink as they never say for sure at class? I thought it used to be 4 litres?

Anyway hope you are all doing well and I am definately aiming for my 1 stone mark this week.

Gonna go off now and enjoy another day in the sun somewhere!!

xxxxxx

well done. 11.5 in two weeks. Awesome, really is

water: I drink 2 pints before I leave the house in the morning plus a coffee. fill a litre bottle at work 3 times. Couple of coffee/tea through the day. PLus the pack mixing.

I pint when I get in, a pint with tea, a pint after, a would say a pint for every hour watching tv/surfing the net at night and a pint after my evening walk. So thats probably best part of 8L per day. I am obsessed really, but I do not neck it, I just sip.

To be honest that is no different to how I have always been. Only problem is peeing too often - such is life. But I do not need the gall/kidney stones.

Wow wee!! I need to get into a routine like you I drunk 4 litres yesterday so am going to aim for that each day I think I was maybe doing 3 before!!

What does your comment re the gall stone mean?

wow "wee" very drole. :)

Well the biggest "risk" that I have heard about with VLCD is stones (summit very low 6% I read somewhere). And I may as well try and avoid as much as possible although it is highly unlikely (esp men). It is caused by cholestorol saturation of the gall bladder.

A review by Festi et al (2000) ALIMENTARY PHARMACOLOGY & THERAPEUTICS 14: 51-59 (if you are interested) cites that a diet of 10g daily fat or less can lead to gall stones. well no worry as LL give you 14g. and the method is unknown for the mode of action, and is likely to be genetically linked.

Anyway I just want to keep things flowing through and want to avoid constipation as well.

8 litres is a lot!! Ali, everyone is different but I think you'll find the average is 4 litres a day. Usually a bit more if you've been exercising or it's hot. Personally I could never drink 8 as I have a really weak bladder and it would make me housebound to even attempt it!

I'm not sure that drinking a lot makes the possibility of gallstones go away. Any extreme weight loss can cause gall stones (hence why they remove the gallblader when they do a gastric bypass) but don't let it worry you. I've never had a problem along with hundreds of others on here! It's an unlucky few it seems.

If you try to add psyllium husks to a shake it can bulk things up and keep things moving through your system a bit better. I was constipated for the first few weeks but once my body had got used to it I went almost every day with no problem (albeit producing a lot less than before!)

Well done on your weight loss and don't be disheartened it was 'only 2.5lbs'. Your losses will balance out to about a stone per month usually so some weeks you loose more, some weeks nothing at all. Everyone is different so just stick to it and you'll be great I'm sure :)

Thanks Rachel great advice and a very motivating!!

I know I should hit a stone by next week which is pretty good going for 3 weeks.

I experienced my first social outings this weekend pub with friends last night and pub with friends this afternoon and IT wasn't to bad. Although when all my mates were really drunk last night and heading for a club I headed HOME and was all tucked up in bed by midnight.

Hope everyone is having a good week

xxxx

Hi Ali,
What good advice from Rachel.
Yes, 4litres used to be the recommmended amount. LL is less prescriptive now because everyone is different you have to find what works for you, but 2 litres is the minimum.
I was doing LL when the guidance changed so I reduced to 2 litres. I found that my losses became less so I upped the water back to 4litres and everything
was fine again.
Little and often, that's the way to do it. Start early in the day and you will get into the habit.
I could write a guide book on all the public loos in my area!!!:8855:

well done 11.5lbs is fab in 2 weeks keep it up! i really struggle with water so i do try to drink at least 2 litres wen im doing really badly one day, but im averaging at about 3ltrs and trying to up it. good luck with this week when are your weigh ins?

Back