Week 28 weigh in

Elle-Emm

Gold Member
The journey continues... apologies in advance for long rambling post - you should expect them by now from me!;)

OK, as many of you know I had a cheating spell last weekend - which continued for a few days. So I was kind of dreading weigh-in. At the same time though, I knew I needed to hear that I'd put on weight so that I wouldn't be smugly tempted to think i could get away with more cheating :eek:

Anyway, last night I don't know how or why or what triggered it but a switch went in my head and I felt great - I realised I could carry on to goal and not cheat. DOn't ask me what the epiphany was!

So anyway, this morning I trotted along to the pharmacy first thing to get it over with and get on with enjoying my weekend.

I put on 0.1kg - so less than 1/4lb. I'm recording it as 0.5lb as I want to show i have put on weight on my records.

I'm stunned - and honestly a bit concerned that i might equate that, as i say, with feeling like i can get away with it. HOwever - I don't want to cheat, this past week has been a brilliant wake up call for me and told me a lot about myself.

The support I've had on here and from friends and family has been really overwhelming, to the point of a little teary:eek: - it's so warm and fuzzy to realise so many people are proud of and happy for my achievements so far and are so keen for me to succeed fully.

So thank you minimins friends :D and if i can ever do the same for you, then i will try my best ;)

:grouphugg:

EDIT: P.S. - I got the flapjacks!! After 28 weeks, I'm giving them a go - one of each and i have penty of shakes in reserve if they are truly as awful as legend has it ;) i'll report my findings back of course...

Last edited:
Hi Elle,
hope all is well with you, sorry I haven't been around much so missed your blip last weekend, good for you though coming back and sorting it.
It is amazing that feeling of 'all will be ok' that we can get ourselves into when we do what is not right for us. You didn't have a huge gain but as you say any gain shows you that you have to be ever watchful.
You have had such a long and fantastic journey on this, you are allowed a blip just to prove to the rest of us you are human LOL.
There must be part of you thinking about the end now and what that brings. It is an exciting thing and not to be dreaded. I know I came off TFR before I had to (with 4 stone yet to go) however I was happy that I am now at a more acceptable size (for me) and my weight is more managable. I stuck to the refeed and lost 1.7lb and am now at W.W. and will have my weigh in there on Tuesday, so we'll see how this week was.
I am delighted you have the support of friends and family, that will carry you through the last part of your TFR journey and on to whatever you do next.
Well done on your time on this and you deserve all the support and motivation you get. You are always motivational, honest and supportive and what you give you get back.
Well done and good luck.
Doirin

I am very glad that you got yourself back on track. I wish I could say the same. I am having it difficult to focus.

You sound very determained to finish your journey and I am sure you will. I know it gets harder but you can do it.

I'm glad you're feeling prepared to make it to your goal! I think you can get away with cheating for a bit but then you're hit with a really big gain (I know that's what happened when I did LL - first week of cheating I stayed the same, the second I put on, like, 7lbs...) besides which, you're still not moving forward only putting on a small amount! Still, it's great that it hasn't had too much of an impact!

Best of luck for your next week! :) Sounds like you're well & truly back on the straight & narrow now!

Hannah

Hey chick :)

I'm glad you've got yourself back on track and have realised that you can do it and you can get to your goal. Just, as you say, dont let it trigger it off again by way of you ate that but only gained a little.
It's great you are recording it as a gain and hopefully you wont have much longer to go :) keep it up lover xxx

GOOD! It's is so good that you are using this as a learning curve and I truly think it may be for the best that this has happened to you. The one time you stray from the safety of the plan and look what happens. And it's not a big set back so you can just keep on keeping on.

Very proud of ya! Well done! :D

Hiya :)

I am soo thankful that you have posted about your experience this past week.

You have done bloomin fantastic with your LT journey :0clapper: and have highlighted the reality of what a slip up - no matter how big or small - will affect you both physically and mentally :eek: But you have remained soo damn strong that you will not let this deter you from your goal :D you go girl!!! :party0049:

Good luck for next week :cool:

Best Wishes,

Lei xxxx

Elle, good job on realising that a gain is a gain no matter how small. You are showing great fortitude in hanging in there to reach your goal. I am full of admiration for you.

Elle-Emm you've lost nearly 42% of your body weight! That is absolutely amazing. You are such an inspiration! Only 13lbs to go until goal. Astonishing that you achieved that in such a short space of time. You must feel so proud of yourself.

I'm glad you had your wake up call. A gain is a gain no matter how small it is. Your epiphany was maybe due to the fact that when you look in the mirror you see a fabulous, healthy, sexy lady staring back at you, and that's the reflection you want to keep!

Let us know how you get on with the flapjacks. I really want to try them but my chemist doesn't have them.

elle. well done on being back on track, you`v realised that it was a blip and not let it get to you.. and can i say you`v already helped me in the past when iv found things a little difficult so thank you xx

Well done for getting straight back on track, and finding the determination to go to goal. 13 pounds is not alot to lose now and you have done brilliantly sticking to it for all this time, and the amount you have lost is amazing CONGRATULATIONS you must truly feel and look amazing.
You are a true inspiration to us all, even though I am an old hand at this (starting in Dec 07) I went on the refeed when I still had a stone to go (which I regret) so GO GIRL you can do it and this time so will I.

Last edited:
hey Elle,

Well I'm glad that your blip didn't cause too much 'damage' and that you're back on track and soooo near goal!!

You're amazing- well done!

x

Thanks everyone.

WEnt to a 5 year old's birthday party this afternoon for a couple of hours so you can imagine there was virtually no food temptations there at all. Argh! had a black coffee and avoided the party rings, cake, quiches, pizza, mountains of cheese and jelly and ice cream...

AND i tried the flapjack for lunch. I actually found it ok! I won't go so far as to say nice, but it didn't make me gag and i found that having it in very small mouthfuls it was perfectly fine. I had the coconut one today and will have peanut for tomorrow's lunch :) i wouldn't say no to another coconut flapjack but i wouldn't want one every day.

Ah knew you'd be ok and not put to much on! but glad your back on track and in the right frame of mind again to carry on well done

debz x

Hi Elle-Emm

Well done you for getting straight back on the wagon...and how brave and honest to step forward on your post admitting it and showing all of us we are mere human and the drive to eat is the human condition, except in most of our cases where we have over ridden this urge and gone on to gorging ( well definitely in my case!!)
When I was paying at my Pharmacy for my LT, the pharmacist said...'if you cheat don't forget you are throwing this £36 into the bin as you will go out of ketosis!!' That has stuck with me, I'm kinda tight with money ( too tight says hubby) and throwing that amount away motivates me to stay on track.
Clever this LT is.
Good luck with the flapjacks...I'm still not converted though...ha ha!! ;)

Back