WEEK 3... BP is HIGH...will they kick me off ?

Oinker

:( I am starting to stress out......

I went for my week four test today and for the first time in my life my BP was a little high.

Will they stop me doing the diet?

BP = 139 over 105

Any advice?

Not sure what LL will say, but would recommend a trip to your GP, just to check things out. Was your test at GP or pharmacy?

I have been told that the wrong size cuff can give a false reading too. Might this be the answer?

Anyway, I hope all sorted for you very soon and I am sure someone more knowledgable will be along soon!

I was 165 over 95 at one point and they didn;t say a thing. (Week 4) and I'm 120 over 80 now.

Prob depends what it was at the start...unsure though what "normal" is - perhaps someone with medical knowledge can advise!

165/95 is roughly (although GPs differ wildly in what they regard as a true reading due to people getting white coat syndrome) where they start to medicate. The bottom figure is the one they are most concerned about. I think once you hit 140/80 you have high blood pressure but are on the way to normal.

Hiya
First of all don't panic! that'll make it go up!

Sure you'll be fine but best to be on the safe side, perhaps pop to your gp for another reading....

Have a chat with your counsellor, she'll be able to advise you :p

Let us know how you get on :p and try and relax :)

Oinker thats not hugely high, stress causes it to be higher (and over zealous BP pumps!) If you are worried test yourself at home when you are calm and if its still high see your GP.

I feel better now..........
Thanks.

Spoke to LL counsellor and she said it's OK.

I have worst to get on with now...

CONSTIPATION!!!

I thought i was dying last night... OMG it was awful!!

I want to have colonic hydration....Are we allowed?

High BP

I was 165 over 95 at one point and they didn;t say a thing. (Week 4) and I'm 120 over 80 now.

Hi Cerulean,
I'm delighted to hear your BP is now normal. I'm on antihypertensive drugs to reduce it (for 6 yrs) and one of the reasons for starting LL was that my GP wants to put me on further medication - which I don't want. So had my BP checked this week and it's higher than ever (2 weeks in and 17 lb down) so reading your comment has helped.
At what stage did you have a normal BP - if you don't mind me asking?

Well done on your fab loss too!

So had my BP checked this week and it's higher than ever (2 weeks in and 17 lb down) so reading your comment has helped.
At what stage did you have a normal BP - if you don't mind me asking?

Well done on your fab loss too!

Same thing happened to me - week 0 it was 150/90 - week 4, 165/95 (different doctor - very nervous about whether he would sign my form and I dashed there from work) in week 12 it was 120/80 (after about 4 stone lost - BMI of 32 I think) and in Week 16 it was the same. Allegedly it does down by 10 on the top number for every 10 kg lost - which is actually not far off!

Thanks! I'm getting there. Next thing I know they'll be telling me off for having low blood pressure ;)

Thanks! I'm getting there. Next thing I know they'll be telling me off for having low blood pressure ;)

If only!

Thanks for the info - I hope to have lost 10kgs by the time I next see my GP so it would be nice if things were on the down....

So not only do you look fab with all the weight loss - you're also very healthy now too.

Talk soon xx

Back